Need Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had some redness on my  glans and pain inside the penis, so i went for the check up and a sti was detected ( I don’t remember the name as i was in shock at that time ) 

So now I’m taking the medicine called DOXYCYCLINE 100 mg 

I have been taking this medicine from 3 days and i feel iching on the anus and unbearable pain in the testicals ( sometime ) 

My question is :- 

Is it the normal side effect of the medicine? 

Is it possible that i am not getting symptoms of HIV because of this antibiotics

Please help me !! 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

* i got an HIV test- now waiting for results 
  • Posted

Not sure what you mean about HIV symptoms. You would know if you had had unsafe sex enough to risk getting HIV. Also HIV is viral and the sti you have must be bacterial if you have been prescribed an antibiotic. Doxycycline can cause a rash - also loss of appetite, nausea, loose stools, sun sensitivity but that’s not what you are reporting here. I doubt your testicle pain is related. I get tenderness in the testicles when I’m fighting any infection or am overtired or run down. It should resolve itself as you win against the sti. If not after a week or so, please tell the doc who prescribed the Docycycline.
    • Posted

The last and only time i had unsafe sex was 12 july and i ended up having sti

But so far I didn’t got symptoms like vomiting, loose motions and fever

Is testical pain a symptom of hiv ? 

And i also have pain in abdominals 

Can all these be symptoms of hiv ? 

• Posted

What exactly was your exposure in the unsafe sex act?

Your sti chances would be based on what exposure you had.

• Posted

Unsafe vagainal and oral sex on 12th july 

And 2 times safe vagainal sex and unsafe oral sex in the last month 

I don’t know since when I’m having this sti 

It was detected 3 days ago 

• Posted

Yes 

Thanks guys

I’ll get back to you once I confirm the name 

• Posted

Well the only sexual disease that I found was Chlamydia.  Could be others.  This antibiotic is use for bacterial  infections.  It has some problems with the stomach, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.  But you may not get either.  Ir there is a infection that is way I think your have pain down below.  Good luck  Ken  
    • Posted

Thanks ken 

So no need to worrie about the pain -Right? 

And also i got the ulcer deep inside the mouth. 

I am super worried as i read somewhere that ulcer in the mouth is the symptom of HIV 

Is it so ? 

• Posted

best thing you should do is stay off the internet.  They tell you that in the hospital.  A symptom can be for many things.  Ken
    • Posted

Ok i will try my best 

Can you let me know that which HIV test should i go for ? 

As my possible exposure was on 12 th july ? 

• Posted

Any of the test that they do in the hospitals or the doctor office should do it's job  You will be fine  Ken  

• Posted

Actually here in my town they only do the traditional testing in the hospitals and they give results in 3 weeks which is very late 

My friend told that it can’t detect because the window period is not suitable for your date of possible exposure 

So then i went to a private testing center 

Which have 4 types of testing 

1) HIV p24 + Antibody test 

2) Ultrasensitive HIV RNA PCR 

3) HIV RNA PCR 

4) HIV 1/2 Antibody rapid test 

My date of last unsafe sex was 12th july 

Please guide me for which test should i go for 

• Posted

That is just a cold sore.  A lot of people get them.  Has your lips been dry.  Don't know were your at.  Are you in hot weather....Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.