Need Advice.....SCARED!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone has had this experience? I have had LPR undiagnosed for almost 4 years. Went to several doctors with complaints of clearing throat and sore throat, all shrugged me off. Not until I had a GERD flare did I realize that all these years it has been LPR! My throat is severely sore and I see ulceration sat the back of my throat. I am fearing the worst! I feel so betrayed by all the doctors who could never give me an answer. I'd never heard of LPR until GERD. How much damage is done? Could this be cancer?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Although I know it's Natural To feel Scared , Being Scared is only gonna Cause you to feel Worse. I have had that To and Mine went away, So don't let it worry you HOWEVER You do need to See a ENT or Someone at this Point. Mine was a Bacterial Infection Caused By all the Post nasal Drip Caused By the Silent Gerd.If that is the Case you need meds for the infection. We are not doctors So my answer may not be the answer but wanted you to not feel alone ..
  • Posted

Hi Dolly,

Well, it is bad but you need to start looking after yourself and think positive, alkaine food and water. It will heal in time, the back of your throat but you need to cut out all the acid food.

It takes time, it is a slowly proccess and you will save your larynx and oesophagus from getting much worse.

There is also surgery available, for those who need it. So, take one step at the time and get some medication and follow Dr. Jamie Koufman's advice about reflux, in her book. Google  and find her and the book she wrote.

The diet is crucial!

So, do not fear the worst! It will take time but you will get better.

Take care,

• Posted

Hi my wife suffered terrible with big ulcers in her throat. Found out it is down to the chloride in tap water. She has to drink bottled water with a chloride content of 10ppm or less. If she had a cup of tea made with tap water even if it was filtered it still caused ulcers and sore throat. Even cleaning teeth had same effect. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. I know my anxiety is making it worse. I see an ENT in the a.m. I will report back. Thanks!!!!
  • Posted

Well I saw ENT who confirmed LPR through scope down throat. I am currently taking 40mg of Prilosec with no improvement for 3 weeks now. This med was rx'd by my GP. The ENT said to stay on it for at least 3 months. How long until I should see improvement? Is there another medicine that works better? My throat stays constantly sore. I've cut out all acid, read the Dropping Acid book, propped up the bed. I am at a loss. Where do I go from here? I am a weeping mess......should I see a gastroenterologist? Any advice would be appreciated!
    • Posted

Hi,

Yes, you need to go and see a gastroenterologist and have a gastroscopy. Alkaine water, to drink all the time, gorgle with it 30 min after each meal and swallow it.

GI licorice to chew three times a day, 20 min before each meal, try Manukka honey strength 16, see if you can take it, one tsp three times a day with some food not by itself, as it is strong.

After you take it do not drink anything for at least 1/2 an hour. A strict diet is crucial. The proccess is slow but you will get better. Take medication, find something that works for you but do not stay on it for more than two -three months. Try herbal pills, natural remedies and keep the diet. In time you may be able to loosen up your diet. There is cabbage juice you can also try, you need to look through the forum's posts and find out how you do it. Learn how to breathe using your diaphgram. No lifting, gentle exercise, buy a pH meter so you can see the pH for everything you ingest, or buy strips for testing acidity, on amazon.  PH 5 is fine for food. Nasal rinse Neilmed, is good. Fresh coconut water is nice and drink only chamomile tea, made with alkaine water, you can add some honey to it. It takes time, so be patient. You may also have gastritis!

Take care,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.