NEED ADVICE! TERRIFIED THINKING I MIGHT HAVE CANCER?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 3-4 weeks ago I noticed I had some white spots on the side of my tongue and about 3 red patches towards the back of the roof of my mouth.  Since then it has now spread towards the back of my throat. Causing 2-3 new patches. One on my uvula(which is quite swollen). And one on my thing behind the tonsil I think?  I also have noticed a couple orange spots on my throat. Im also having a very dry throat no matter how much water I drink. I recently went to the doctors who prescribed me ‘phenoxymethylpenicillin’ for some sort of infection.  I have been taking them for 48 hours now and notice no difference in mouth. I have been googling the symptoms and the first thing that comes up all the time is mouth and throat cancer. Also the amount of time I’ve had it makes me think that it can’t just be an infection. Any ideas what it could be or wether you think it is cancer please let me know. I’m driving myself crazy about this. Also I do wear twin block braces and have recently started cleaning them in denture cleaner. But the braces don’t touch where my patches are. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

im so sorry harry, that its taken this long for someone to answer you. its kind of strange that i happen to answer you because i think i know what you have and because the numbers by your name happens to be the end of my phone number.  weird. ANYWAY,  i would like to know how old you are but this happens from young to old. what i believe you have are mouth ulcers.....plain old ulcers....no cancers...i have them on the sides of my tongue. they can look white and oval or even longish and maybe pink in the middle and when you eat they hurt like heck. then i always get different things on the top of my tongue and then they go away and come back, etc. also, i will get burning mouth syndrome and it might last days.  you should be look up ulcers in mouth, mouth sores, you can also google and click on images and it will show you pages of mouths with sores and cancer. i think you will fill a lot better.  now, for the crappy part.....some people when they get these, have to live with them for years or even their entire lifetime. my dr. first had me rinse with dexamethasone several times a day. it is a steriod. (a bottle costs over a hundred dollars, so i hope you have insurance) that didnt really help so now im taking 1 1/2 miligram of prednisone (a steriod your swallow) and i go back in a couple of wks to see if its helped. i think its helping a little.   now ive never had anything on my uvula (im so glad you know what thats called.  most people dont.) nor on my throat.  ill just mention this since its around your tonsils...you have like kinda wrinkled skin back there and sometimes you can see a white spot....you can try to take something and see if that will come out. people get round hard white thngs around the size of a pea called tonsil stones. and they smell. do you have bad breath? its bacteria and old food and gunk. p-u  well, thats alll i can think of  i hope ive helped you some. good luck to you harry.
    • Posted

Hi Terrie is there anyway I can contact you to show you pictures? Thanks for the advice. I’m 14
  • Posted

Could be some kind of yeast infection, Nystatin  swish around in mouth and spit it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.