Need advise with anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering with anxiety for most of my life and it seems to be triggered by extreme situations. This time I had surgery and have been having a lot of complications and have been sick. I'm slowly starting to deal with the panic and anxiety and starting to feel normal again but I can't sleep which starts the whole cycle over again the next day. I've been trying to exercise more but can't do a lot because I'm not able to eat much and feel weak. I can usually fall asleep but am up around 3 which starts the anxious feelings and then I can't get back to sleep so I have to spend the next day trying to relax myself again so I can feel normal for at least part of the day. Any advice on meds that help stay asleep or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

Can they give you an updated perscription?

• Posted

I see a counselor once a week and they tried me on celexa but I had irregular heartbeat and other serious side effects so they had me stop immediately. I have a call into my doc for something else. Still waiting to hear back
    • Posted

Fair enough.

Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?

• Posted

Yes the doc told me to stop it and I'm having trouble staying asleep. By bed time I feel almost completely normal and fall asleep but them I'm up between 2 and 4 and get anxious all over again.
    • Posted

I'm kind of the same way. I take a benedryl some nights and it helps me sleep through the night for the most part.

Also, can you try following up with your docotor to move your appointment up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.