Need an energy boost

Posted , 8 users are following.

I fell asleep last night at 19:45 and woke at 12:50 today, it is now 16:40 and I'm struggling to stay awake again. My hubby is really supportive and helps me to bed when I fall asleep in my chair but I want to be able to spend some time with him and not be in bed so early each night. 

Does anybody have any ideas for an energy boost, I've been taking berocca but haven't seen any change. 

I'm tired of feeling tired all the time 😴

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you have any other symptoms do you live in a hard water area, do you get bloated after eating certain foods, do you gave pain anywhere
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You need to know why you are feeling so tired all the time before you consider treatments. You need a series of blood tests as follows:

(1) A FBC to see if you are anaemic and that your blood cells are OK

(2) A fasting blood glucose to rule out diabetes.

(3) A thyroid function test to check for hypothyroidism

(4) A liver and renal function test to see that liver and kidneys are working alright. 

When these all come back normal then post again and we will see what needs doing. Good luck with this.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So are there any vitamins or supplements that can give me some much needed energy
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You could try changing your diet to the candida diet, you will find lots of information regarding candida and fibromyalgia on the internet
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Bless you, try vitamin Q10 it has helped me slightly, good luck.x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello CD88

I would like to know what medicines you are taking, if you are willing to tell me.

Also, do you notice an improvement when you are outside the home. Don't worry about replying if you are so tired.

Best wishes

Brenda

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Brenda, I'm taking 200mg of sertraline, 300mg of pregabalin twice a day and zapain as and when I need it. I hate taking all these tablets especially as they don't totally relieve my pain.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My doctor has given me amitriptyline to take at night.  Early days for me too but with these I sleep better and seem to stay up longer the day after.  Still feel tired but not as much as last week when I wasn't on them.  Good Luck 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello'

I could also sleep for Engaland! I also take Amitriptylene, which helps with pain and sleeping at night. I do try to have a nap in the afternoon work and other commitments permitting. I know if I don't have this nap I will fall asleep in the evening. It's all about pacing yourself, at least that's what I find.

Good luck and take care

Anne x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello CD88

Your body may get used to the medicines in time but reactions are different

Hi CD88

Why not go back and see your doctor. There may be something else they can give you.

Sorry not to have been much help.

Best wishes

Brenda

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm grateful for anything at the moment Brenda, also it's nice just to talk to people who know what it's like. The sleeping is a new thing, up to that point I'd really struggled to get a good nights sleep, I can't get comfortable with all the different aches and pains so at first the sleep was good. Since I posted I'm back to not getting much sleep, my knees and toes hurt when the duvet lies on me, I clench my jaw so tight I get terrible headaches and I get random twitches. I think because I push through the times I struggle I get to the point where I just have to shut down. I'm back to my dr in a week so I'll have a good chat with her then

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up