Need clarity

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’ve officially been on 10mg of Celexa for 6 weeks I woke up this morning honestly feeling like I could get up, exercised, made breakfast, and cleaned. For me I haven’t really been able to without feel terrible. So I feel better BUT I’m still have small bouts of intrusive thoughts and feeling disconnected from myself/depersonalization. I think I’m also starting to get a cold. Anyone know if this is normal? Also still struggling with sleep. So any info or concerns please give me some peace of mind. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Me too. Going on 7 weeks but only about 70% better. I still dread mornings and dont want to get out of bed on my day off.
  • Posted

Also still tired alot and waking up early around 4 or 5am and struggle to fall back asleep. 
    • Posted

So people are telling me it takes 12 weeks now.... that’s crazy to me! But I guess just have to be patient.. I’m right there with you I wake up randomly and can’t fall back asleep either. I’m more functional but dread doing stuff outside the house rolleyes
    • Posted

I've heard it can take that long too. 6 weeks in today and still having anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Been going to sleep with healing hypnosis and using relaxation throughout the day if I need it. It's so debilitating isn't it?! But i have faith that we will get better if we stick with it! Xx

• Posted

I mean they definitely aren’t as scary and making me sick anymore. So that means it’s working... I know it won’t go away completely right away. It’s just when it happens I feel hopeless like I’m a bad person. But I’m trying so hard!!!
    • Posted

I’m 3 and a half weeks in. 10mg. The first few days I was experiencing side affects like heightened anxiety, diarrhoea, achey muscles and tight chest etc. Then for around 2 weeks I felt ok. Now the past week or so I’ve gone back to the beginning a bit. Diaorreah back and the rest of the symptoms. I also wake at 4-5 am and can’t go back to sleep. I have been exhausted taking these tablets and I’m usually asleep by 8pm every night so I’m getting enough sleep most nights, but there have been some where I have been kept up by the anxiety and I’ve been in full blown fight or flight mode. But I know it’s just the side effects. I’ve been trying not to come on here as much as I think I was reading to much which could be potentially triggering my anxiety. 

Just go with it, listen to your body, and know you will get better. 

• Posted

I have had a couple good days when I take a lorazapan but I don't take that every day. I just still feel anxiety and overwhelmed with stuff. Especially with xmas coming. I just want to feel happy!

• Posted

Hi Jess, I am on day 45 of my increase from the 5 to the 10mg. This past month,, i thought i was doing pretty well, but this past 4 days I've felt like crap. Everyone talks about blips, what exactly does that mean? Surely I'm not having side effects this late am i? I mean I don't have a head ache or anything but I'm having a hard time falling asleep and i feel kinda like I'm taking a big deep breathe and letting it all out and just staying there. Like I don't have the energy to take another breath. Am I making any sense?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.