Need Encouragement

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just starting week 4 on 5 mil. i still have anxiety and feel shaky, and like i need to move. I am sensitive to medication which is why i am on 5 mil. i started on 10 but that was horrible which is why i am on 5. Will i ever feel normal again, will the anxiety get better with more time? PLEASE send me some words of encouragement.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes u will feel normal again everyone feels like that to begin with . It isnt easy im not going to lie but u will get there stay positive .

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hang in there!

It does get better. Even at week 16 am still having wobbles. But NOTHING like in the beginning. Don't forget, we're in the darkest months now, so we're getting less of a boost from the sun, also.

It's a waiting game, really. Try to keep yourself occupied a bit, just something to distract yourself when you're feeling really angsty.

Also, walks or exercise or gym.... all are really good when you feel restless.

Are you able to sleep at all?

Report Reply
    • Posted

thanks for the encouragement. I now sleep maybe 4-5 hours which is a huge improvement. It's still not straight through sleep. I will sleep for two hours then wake up and go back and sleep for two -three more hours.:(

Report Reply
  • Posted

I'm on week 17. I went straight on to 20mg. Aside from the fact it takes a few weeks to level off in your system I personally found I was second guessing my own behavior for the first few weeks too. Is this me or is it because of the tablets?! I am still struggling to break some behaviours but I can absolutely state that the medication has had a positive effect on my life. I am more confident in social situations (most of the time) and I'm sleeping much better. I feel like I can focus better rather than my days just being an unprepared nothingness. I still have a long way to go as I am still shutting down instead of acting on some thi gs that make me worry. Keep going, things will get brighter. Above all I'm learning the importance of looking after myself. Give yourself time to wind down at night and do some things that are just for you. Oh and reduce your social media time!

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up