Need encouragement feeling stuck

Posted , 4 users are following.

Week 5 of does increase to 20mg. I have had some good evenings and moments of optimism but today feel depressed. I sit at work with nothing to do but think. I can't seem to even make myself get up and do anything. I don't feel like eating, reading, getting anything done. I even sit here feeling paralyzed if I have to get up to use the bathroom. I know that having a distraction would help but I can't do it. I feel very unhappy with my life. I don't have the time or money to see a therapist and not convinced it would help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi cara sorry you are feeling this way but beleive me things will get better for you i was in the same situation as you 10 months ago on 20 mg and i no what you are going through things will eventually get better for you dont get me wrong i still have down days but they are no way near as bad as they was please hang in there try been around people that make you smile or have you thought about taking some time away from work until you feel better in yourself for me i was of for 3 months but the best thing i did in the end was going back to work xx

• Posted

thanks for responding. I can't take off work but it wouldn't matter. I work in a furniture store and we are sooo slow. I don't really have to do anything and its not stressful. Today I am really tired. My head is so heavy and I feel really off. I felt good last night so this is discouraging.

• Posted

Hugs Cara

Remember these meds are there to assist us, they cannot live our lives for us. You feel very unhappy with your life, what would make you feel happy with your life? you do not need to tell us on here, but have a good think, when was the last time you felt really happy, what was it that you were doing that you may not be doing now? Little steps and making changes can help alot too. All the best to you, hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.