Need for a rant

Posted , 1 user is following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Just need to get this out of my system.

Am being made redundant at the end of April. That in itself is fine (ish). Have known about the impending doom and gloom for about 2 years.

Problem is that just over a week ago, found out via our useless top management that we are entitled to various free government funded courses. Deadline for signing up to these is 31 March - thanks a lot. Less than a week of pure panic and stress - something that my poor addled mind cannot cope with!!

Today, mind shut down mid morning and have been forced to take day off tomorrow as have ceased to operate as a human being. Mind is spinning and head full of cotton wool - life is so unfair.

Damn this illness - rant over - goodnight.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Not surprised that you needed a rant! Quite right too!!

Hopefully you will have managed to sleep on it and are feeling a bit clearer now.

There is no doubt that the managers have made a bit of a mess (putting it lightly so as not to get banned from the forum!).

I hope that you might have an idea of what you may want to do and that way you can jump in and make use of the scheme they have just mentioned...

Hopefully you will get use of this scheme, but if not, not the end of the world. Did you have a plan before they mentioned it?? If it all doesn't work out, revert to Plan A.

Hope you don't think I am over simplifying or not understanding, I am just hoping to put a bit of perspective in... please don't take it the wrong way! I do know how you feel!

Good luck! smile

• Posted

Hi there

I'm surprised i got an answer at all to be honest!

It's difficult i know, trying to give advice when you don't know the in's and out's of the actual situation but i appreciate your input. Thanks m'lady (as Parker would say).

I did sleep on it and unfortunately feel no better. I'm angry that such incompentancy by people that should know better have put me in lala land yet again - last time was for 3 weeks sick in August.

I do have a plan A which i funded myself to train as an electrician - it is muddling along but i wanted a plan B (which i will also fund myself from my redundancy if needs be), in case it all went t*ts up.

I will not know if part of the package will be funded til Monday - wish i'd decided to fund it all myself but hindsight is a wonderful thing!! :roll:

I've no motivation, concentration or patience. Had this damn reactive depression illness for over 2 years now -aarrrrgggghhh, and i'm certainly reacting to it. Sorry, i'm starting to waffle now.

Thanks again

MP

• Posted

NP MP :wink:

I have upped the meds and I have a new found confidence (as the Doc said, confidence in a bottle) which doesn't help you, but it means I had the balls and inclination to write!

I have confronted a situation (that I refered to in my last post) and it was all going well untill I hurt myself the other day and I have ended up on crutches... which means that all the \"new\" motivation is as much good as a chocolate teapot cause I can't do anything! But the increase in execrcise will just have to wait... now I am waffling, but hay, it's good to \"talk!\"

There is nothing at all new in the issue with people at work that should know better... think unless you are really lucky, we all have them and sometimes it does make you wonder... \"how the hell did they get there??!!\"

Once you get the story on Monday you will be better placed. At least you had a plan A, sorta Plan B and have thought about what you do next, before this all landed on your plate, so take that thought and concentrate on your weekend and the fact that in the face of the adversity and uncertainty, you had managed to deal with it, and take what the numpty managers produce (when-even) as a bonus - but don't dwell on what you know nothing about yet!!

Later!

(Hop along!) Jojo

• Posted

Hiya hop a long jojo

How is the leg now? What did you do, poor girl?

Thanks for your genuine support on this thread.

Things are slightly clearer now and lala land went on Sunday. I received funding for 2/3rds of plan B on Tuesday which is ok. Have got things moving there.

Had a meeting with yet another company today which give help finding another job as well as help with CV writing and interview skills as its been a while since i've done either of those. Mentioned the illness to this guy but he said that if i hadn't mentioned it he wouldn't have known and that my outlook is very positive.

I should have taken that as a compliment but i feel so inadequate and full of self doubt on the inside. :roll:

Think i need to go back to my counsellor and rant at her and see if she can help in any way.

Anyways thanks again for your logical perspective on things and i hope you will be able to throw away the crutches very soon.

Best wishes and take care

MP x :wink:

• Posted

Hey!

Couple of more days on the crutches should do it! I did it skiing. Twisted my knee and bust a ligament! I am off work due to the nature and location - can't do stairs very swiftly so I am a danger!

Glad you have gotten clearer on your plans and its all good that there is some cash forthcoming to help you out!

Its also encouraging that you also have a positive outlook to the person you spoke to.

I was asked today if I really need the pills as I seem \"fine\"... well thats cause I take the tablets that I seem fine!!! Its one thing to seem fine but we know its a different story,,,

Maybe having another chat would indeed help, cant do any harm!

Take it easy!

Jojo

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up