Need help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone..

I thought I had my anxiety under control.. This morning I had another panic attack and called myself an ambulance, I really did think I was going to die and was so scared - thought I was having a heart attack.. I suddenly felt really dizzy, had to rush to the toilet, felt sick, like I couldn't breath, my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest (really hard and fast), my legs felt weak and I had a pain in my chest.. Of course as soon as the ambulance arrived I seemed to come round and felt abit better. They did the basic tests and told me I was ok and that I didn't need to go to hospital..

Is this normal? Does anyone else have attacks like this? I can't cope with it, I was so embarrassed when the ambulance arrived as I knew deep down i was just having a panic attack. But at the time i can't control myself! Please help!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Its all part of anxiety, making irrational decisions when you are part through an attack.

Its the worst feeling in the world, but i wouldn't say my attacks are as bad as yours.

I'm currently on medication, and am undergoing counselling.

Are you on any medication, that calms your anxiety?

Have you seen your GP?

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,

yes it is normal. last month was very difficult for me. almost everyday with same as you exactly discribed. i got better for 3 weeks now. but half an hour back i had a major episod exactly what u described. the onlyu thing u can do is to monitor your thoughts. iam writing to u and i am shaking like hell, coughing, hyperventilating. so it is difficult

• Posted

Hi Sam,

thanks for the reply..

Yes I'm taking fluoxitein and have been since February, it's made me feel a little better but I still have good and bad days.. It's sooooo frushstrating! I find it even harder that no one understands! 

Ive also had a fair few sessions of CBT but that didn't seem to help that much.. I really don't know what else I can do, there's only so many times you can go to your doctor isn't there x

• Posted

Cbt didn't do it for me either, it's often offered first. There are other therapies to try, I'm in CAT which is cognitive analytical therapy- I find it so much better 
    • Posted

I was told by my therpist that CBT is like having a massive cut, and all you're doing is putting a plaster over it. It helps, but doesn't get to the root of the problem. I agree with JMCG, try another form of therapy. 
  • Posted

Aww it really is horrible! I'm sorry you have to go through this too.. I just can't help but worry that it's something more than a panic attack when it's actually happening! My husband thinks I'm daft but he's always a good help. You probably know yourself, when your in that state, there's no reasoning with you! It's so so hard! 

Hope your feeling better x

• Posted

i think for me its frustration and anger and in that state  my mind is telling me run hide from all this kind of fight or flight thing. i hope you feel better and everybody else its a horroble terrifying feeling
    • Posted

as long as we are all taking, does anyone feel that he or she feel the need to cry, i mean for me during the anxity i tend to feel like screaming and crying
  • Posted

I always cry when I'm having an attack.. I think like you said it's just all the frustration and also I am very scared! I have 2 young boys and I'm terrified of not being here for them, it's awful!
    • Posted

its these kind of thoughts that feeds the anxiety, i have one daughter and since she was born i used to have the most horrifying feelings and thoughts. i couldnt let go of her for simple things like going to school so from age 3 to 7 i worked in the same school and i was the bus monitor just to be  with her. although i have masters and speaks 3 langues. now she should go to uni but again i cant let go she stays where i stay. it is selfish but i have a very negative imagination
  • Posted

sometimes it is important to get a second opinion so don't feel embarrassed just learn from the experience.

Hope you are ok

richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.