Need help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel as though one minute im okay then I get a strange thought about who I an as person as in my existance I instantly feel overwhelmed. I'm so scared what could this be? Doctors say anxiety buy I'm losing myself and my sanity. I'm staring to believe I'm not real.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Mark, you're real and so is anxiety. It's gotta be the worst thing for strange symptoms. I've had that, I've looked in the mirror and wondered who I was. From what I've read it's depersonalization and its caused by the body being in a constant state of fight or flight, only the adrenaline is not being used up with physical activity, so it manifests in these crazy symptoms. It's driving me crazy too. Hang in there bro everything changes.

Brian

• Posted

I'm struggling Brian I'm on to crisis lines constantly. I'm losing myself Brian I have moments where I'm completely lost then I return but it's getting less common now. The blurred vision is getting worse and so is my confusion I'm practically bed bound. Hope things improve for all on here.

Mark

• Posted

Hi Mark, it is a struggle and it gets so tiring. I wish I had the answer, I get really scared much of the time too. Have you gotten anything from the doctor to calm you? Maybe something to give you a break from the thoughts.

hang in there, sending prayers 

Brian

• Posted

Also Mark you may want to try diverting your thoughts to something else, I know it's difficult when feeling like this but I've found that if I can distract myself with a movie, book, music or guided meditation sometimes that will get me out of the scary thoughts for a bit. Not a fix but at least a break.

hang in there bro.

Brian

• Posted

Yeah guided meditation seems to be a godsend I try and do it as much as possible also I watch movies I have good days and bad days, it's just today had been a terrible day that's all... feeling like we're losing our minds is evil... actually can't remember I had real fun with out a thought of worry or detachment... very sad.
    • Posted

Mark, you'll get through this buddy. You have good days and bad days but you'll get through this and the bad days will become less. Get counselling and medication and keep moving forward. Take care bro.

Brian

• Posted

Anxiety is horrible to deal with, and it is tied in also with depression.  Think of going to a good therapist and talk out all your feelings to them.  They might be able to steer your anxious thoughts into positive ones after listening.  

You are very real in the regard that you can state how feel and what's it's doing to you.  I hope you can get some help.

• Posted

Hello Mark , just know you are not alone i was haveing the same things happen to me. yes Brian is right your are real and so is anxiety. its one of the hardest thing to have to go through. but like i said your not alone. Prayers sent your way. you can do this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.