Need help /:

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello to you all,

So my story begins as of last Friday, I took a trip and drank easily 14-16 shots way beyond my capacity. Ended up blacking out and just falling asleep. Next morning decided to go for a walk and experienced a dizzy spell almost like I was about to faint any second. It's now Wednesday and am still feeling dizziness, from the minute I wake up till I go to sleep. I went to the ER and got several types of blood work done, ekg, chest X-ray and everything came back clear. All they said was that I have vertigo.

Have any of you experienced something similar to this ?

And I do have a history of GAD

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi ricky, I suffer from vertigo my self it's a nightmare, maybe its just the big intake of alcohol you consumed 14-16 shots is hell of alot. Maybe it's just passing out your system. Did the doctors check your ears for infection??

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same way have been for over a year I've been to the ER plenty of times they always tell me that nothing's wrong.. My advice would probably talk to your family doctor maybe they can prescribe something that'll help.. Alcohol though does mess with anxiety. I was told to stay away from alcohol and caffeine 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was getting really bad vertigo and fell on the ground it was so bad I couldn't walk. I went to an ENT Dr and it had something to do with crystals out of balance in my ears. You should check that.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was told my dizziness and headaches are just from anxiety. Not sure what that meant but good 2 know that there nothing else going on well hopefully there isn't....

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Wow that's a lot of alcohol plus a trip. It's no wonder you are dizzy. This could take a while to come out your system. Not sure if you regularly do this but if you do you really need to consider what this is doing to your brain/body.

My immediate suggestion is STOP with the drugs and alcohol, especially the drugs. Get ur head right before you even consider drinking any more.

You are born with just one body and brain.

I f*cked mine up at the age of 21 and I'm still dealing with the consequences of those actions. Basically my brain went into fight or flight mode and has remained this way ever since. That was 21 years ago.

I basically suffered from extreme anxiety/paranoia and developed psychosis too. Things are a little better now but I can't emphasise enough - STOP WITH THE DRUGS - PLEASE.

I hope this helps but trust me you'll be fine as long as you look after yourself.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up