need help

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi iv been on this pill now for 5 week and only lost 4lbs,what am i doing wrong iv stopped snacking iv cut down on my meals.can anyone give me some advice only when i get on the scales i feel down in the dumps afterwards cause of the lack of lbs.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have been on them for 7 weeks and only lost 7lbs!!! I am doing everything by the rules and using the advice on here. It does get you down when you read about the fantastic and well deserved weight loss of other on her (well done to all of you!) and then get weighed yourself and a little if any weight loss!!!!

I just don't know what we are doing wrong but I guess everyone is just different!!!

We just need to keep the faith!

• Posted

Hi Tara & Guest :lol:

4lb & 7lb's not to be sniffed at, and as they say if it comes off slowly it stays off longer!

Keep a check on the amount of calories you are eating as well as I have noticed that a lot of low fat food is high in calories eg low fat noodles have over 300 cals per pack! (and i could eat 2 as a snack :roll: !)

Plenty fruit& veg I have been making carrot soup which is delicious and has little calories & no fat!

Keep up the good work!

Kirsty :lol:

• Posted

Yep, Kirsty`s right girls.

That was the mistake I was making. Eating very low fat, but TOO MANY calories. Probably coulda kept us all going... :lol:

So it`s been back to the grind since she pointed that out to me.... :twisted: :lol:

• Posted

Everyone's different (which is just as well :twisted: ) - you may find that those of us who have lost loads initially will lose nothing for a few weeks whilst the weight stablises. Also depends on what exercise you do as well, swimming is good as it doesnt put pressure on the joints and most pools have \"women\" only sessions

Keep the faith :wink:

• Posted

Steady and slow is depressing but it will stay off then!! Keep posting on here as it helps to have the support. Low fat but enough calories.

KJ

• Posted

A word of advice of im the worse to not eat the worse of anything.

I normally dont eat breakfast or dinner, and eat normal meals. The Gp said that to loose weight is to find out how many calories i must eat per day and eat that much. Little wieight is good. Get your GP to check your thyroid. I did swimming last year and watched what i ate , didnt loose a pound , i found out i have a thyroid problem.

• Posted

Hey Everyone!

I have only lost 6lbs in 6 weeks but have also, like Skye, realised I was eating low fat but not taking too much notice of the calories!!! So now that I've taken that on board I'll see what next week brings :D

When I first started to lose weight (b4 pills), I lost 9lbs the first week! Then it settled down to a steady 1-3lbs a week but then after 2 1/2st I plateaued. I thought I'd have a big loss again when I started pills but didn't and was very despondant. BUT as my hubby says 'At least you haven't put any on :!: ' and that's the way I think about it now.

Good Luck girls!!

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Any weight loss is to be applauded :D

If your weren't losing what might you have put on!

Keep going .... and as said before slow weight loss tends to stay off because the body is actually adjusting to your intake not just reacting

• Posted

Just remember people who are bigger if they stick to it will loose more but at some point 1.5lb a week which will be great then the body can shrink with it.

Everybody needs to each morning lunch and evening meal and if ya need it a snack as your body needs the food to make it work and keep the digestion moveing onlong in righ direction.

• Posted

Hey Kal,

6lbs is nearly half a stone. And damn tootin...its better off than on. So well done u !!

Im just getting a grip again and jumping on the calorie choo choo..... :lol: :lol:

Im fine with the fat....now I just have to tie the 2 together... :D

• Posted

[quote:404db72d32=\"Skye\"]Hey Kal,

6lbs is nearly half a stone. And damn tootin...its better off than on. So well done u !!

Im just getting a grip again and jumping on the calorie choo choo..... :lol: :lol:

Im fine with the fat....now I just have to tie the 2 together... :D[/quote:404db72d32]

THANKS Skye

I know what you mean I'm trying to tie the 2 together too! Only prob is I keep ending up in KNOTS :!:

Onwards and downwards :D

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

:lol: :lol: I hear ya.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.