Need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I posted earlier that I was on week 4 and three days on 10mg of Celexa

. My anxiety got better and then now the past 4 days have been hell. I feel jittery, uncomfortable and just not connected to myself. I feel like I’m about to go crazy. My hands/arms keep feeling numb and tingly and my ears plugged up again. I just feel terrible... today I just felt like I didn’t want to deal with this anymore but I don’t want to die. I can’t sleep because when I’m sleeping I wake up feeling disconnected and getting zaps on my head and feel like I’m losing control or just not able to control my emotions. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal? Will I ever feel better? I’ve never dealt with anything like this. I’m starting not even to feel safe in my room. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No it's not normal,talk to your doctor asap, wow i think u need different medication

• Posted

It’s just been in the past 3ish days... I felt better before then. 
  • Posted

You either new an increase in dosage of celexa or a new antidepressant. You need to work "closely" with your doctor to find what works for you, because everyone is different. You are though a horrible time, so don't be shy about telling your doctor how you feel! That's what he/she is there for! Best wishes to you Jess!

• Posted

Thank you so much! Should I still go? I’m feeling better again so I’m not sure what to do from here. If I need to up the dosage or just keep here
    • Posted

Thats great you are feeling better. Its up to you to decide if you feel bad enough to go. It took about a month and a half for celexa to work for me. It doesn’t sound  like  you have side effects from what you say,  but you never know, so keep track of all this and let your doctor know........Some things that will really help with your condition is "exercise". Get in the habit of daily exercise, stop eating process sugar, drink plenty of water, positive thoughts and some type meditation or mindfulness....... Best wishes to you Jess!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.