need help/advice anyone please

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I have suffered with anxiety disorder and panick attacks for quite a while but day by day it's getting worse my doctor put me on Citalopram 20 mg but I have to have half of a tablet a day just for a couple of days to let my body get used to it I took it today for the first time and I felt alot better but for days I've had a pain in my left side of my chest and it spreads across my chest I know it's not a heart issue (happened in the past and been checked) but I want to know if it's anything to do with my anxiety also I've had alot well feels like alot of pressure in my head makes me have a bad head and I also have been so dizzy everyday for months like im about to pass out all this triggers my panick attacks and I don't know what to do its stopping me from being normal me and advice :'(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First of all congrats for knowing your problem that it is anxiety not any other big decease. There are lakhs of people around you fighting with this to get over. I am having this from 4 years and it rides me some times and I ride over some times. 

All the feeling you have are forsure anxiety and they are common with anxiety. 

Medical help will anyway get it from doctor. In addition try the below if something helps you. 

-> Try listening or reading to Eckhort Tolle books Power of now or The New Earth it helped me to preoperly understand my problem in depth. Its not a problem solver but it will help you to understand what is happening with you. This is most importent before getting rid of it. 

-> Also first accept you have this problem and go on taking the medication (anti anxiety medication) if some thing is really helping you on this. 

-> Analyze your trigger points that actually causing anxiety and try to avoid them for time being. You will get back to them once you feel ok and try getting over them. 

-> Start observing your thoughts (-ve) and try to tell them that they are all stories that your mind is creating which are never true. Worst and common story is you are going to die. Which is not true and it will not the case at present atleast. 

-> Initially it will be tough to get your self diverted without medicine so keep any As needed medicine in your pocket and take it when you feel so. (Talk to your doctor on the dosage and limit). 

-> Try to go out of your daily rotines and get it to some new activities like sports or swimming or goinf out with friends which can really engage out of your constant thinking and fear. It will take time to figure out what helps you really. 

-> stop over searching internet on remidies instread pick up one or two known methods like Yoga and meditation or some other thing that motivate you. 

-> you might not feel any interest to start new things but once you start forcefully you will engage on it and will enjoy it on time. 

These are some quick tips to help you but keep it mind you need to give it time and accept that you have anxiety issue which will go away with time. Dont over fight to get over as it can only increase your symptoms. 

• Posted

Yes , that thought about dying it's always with me ! I was thinking I'm the only one smile I wonder how to forget about this ? 

Do  you have any idea ? Thanks Donna 

• Posted

Citalopram is good for panic and it does not make you drowsy.

A lot of people I have met with anxiety talk about the chest pains and also they have had ECG's and they were fine.

It took me about 3 weeks on Citalopram for it to work and then my doctor upped the dosage to 40mg. It is a God send.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.