Need Help. Am I Going Through Menopause.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am 42 years of age, stop my period last month had 5 urine and one blood test to see if pregnant but all negative was having period in nov and in december was spotting for 13 days, and in january this year missed entire one month. Had quite abit of hot flushes mainly at night that i can't sleep.  My doctor did do hormone test and nothing showed up that i might be going through menopause. My whole body aches my belly has been a little bloated and just really confused now. i am waitng on scan appointment should be with me this week in the post, not sure what they will find now so scared, if i am menopausing because i do not have a child and its all me and my husband have ever wanted. Please can someone give me some advice as i am confused and unhappy. Thankyou all of you for reading this hope you are all okay and well. Thanks Joanne.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well Joanne you're not in menopause until you've gone 12 whole months without having a period. You may be skipping for any # of reasons.

Have you been to a fertility Dr since you and your husband want a baby?

• Posted

Hi Lotti

Not seen fertility for a while now but did see one for the 6 I.V.F's weve had over two years in 2010 all through to 2012 never managed to get pregnant lost embroyos round day 14. The only doctor i see is my own gp at my surgery, she is doing her best to see i scan shows up a pregnancy or wheather theres an underlying problem just have to wait on my appointment letter which i still have not got due to N.H.S being streched at the moment but should hopefully be in hospital next week with some luck. Thankyou Lotti

• Posted

Hi ive been going through the hot flashers at night and not sleeping very well also havin a period every 2 weeks and inbetween spotting docs sent me for a ultrasound scan which i had on tuesday of this week and everyrhing was ok they seam to think its my hormones im also taking 75 mg of levothyroxine for a underactive thyroid .have you been checked for this . Im 45 here if you wanna chat
    • Posted

Hi Tammy

Thanks for your message i am waiting to have ultrasound scan for one to check to see if pregnant and if not pregnant to see if anything is stopping me starting period. If everything is ok with scan and nothing showing then doctor will do blood test for my hormones and see what it throws up. I am now 24 days late on a period and always been on time i am fed up of waiting for scan as really want to know whats up. I will chat to you anytime tammy thankyou.

• Posted

I wish you all the luck in the world and you are in my prayers♡
    • Posted

Thank you lotti,

Will let you know when i get my letter for scan really nice to know your thinking of me thankyou. God bless you wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.