Need Help..at my wits end..

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am so unhappy..have severe Anxiety,.every day is a struggle.and each day brings different symptoms..I hate leaving the house. its too much for me.To top it all. I have a med phobia..only med I take is xanax..I am so afraid of them due to past experience..my DR nor my hubby understands how I feel..Can anyone help or give me advice..my life is not worth living I really need help and understanding..I feel depressed because I want my life back..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sori presd send b4 completing msg. Im turnin a corner but lived with what youre going thru everyday for months. The moment i woke in the mornin it was there.it must be awful to know yr hubby & dr dont get it. Try to change dr as i did in nov & i swear it was a matter of life & death! As morbid as that sounds i was so low @ that tym she literally treated me as a human being with an illness.. she is a wonderful gp & i owe her so so much. Xxx it makes all the diff hun to just be heard to be given the right meds & if they dont work a dr willing to go that extra mile and try new things. As for yr hubby its hard to understand watching someone you love ill. Maybe he doesnt know how to deal with it & may need some therapy also or just a helpline he can call. Aww gud luck mariano. Change doc if poss xxx

• Posted

Have you tried therapy?  If so, maybe you should give it a try.  They may refer you to get medication.  I had a hard time with medication because I do not have unipolar depression/anxiety, so it took my pdoc a while to figure out the combo that would work for me.  If you do get medicated I recommend you find a pdoc that is good at calling back his patients.  Mine always calls me same day back.  It is important to give you quick relief.
    • Posted

Tnx for your comments...yes I tried CBT twice also hypnosis and reiky ..my main fear, is taking meds..I need help to get over that fear....so theres no point in going to my DR as he is just going to give me more meds...and I come home ,put them in a box, and thats it...I CAN'T help it. I am so afraid of them...xxx

• Posted

Hi mariano. Have u thought about homeopathy ? Natural meds xx not sure if ur ok about them. But my friend has health anxiety &,will only take herbal remedies and shes had some relief from her anxiety also had accupuncture too xx

• Posted

Hi Amanda, thank you for replying..yes I am trying to find a natural product to help with my anxiety..its hard because I take xanax and some of them dont mix..There are too many, on line. and too many conflicting reports about them its sooo confusing...I am very sensetive to any meds...even green tea putsme to sleep...and I can only take 1 panadol for a headache.I never had this problem before my anxiety struck....x.
    • Posted

Hi mariano sorry for late reply i was away for a few days xx after a great fea weeks... crashing & anxiety through the roof again xxx see wat u mean u have to consider everything wen not good with meds xxxx

• Posted

Mariano

Sometimes regards medications and Mental Disabilities ar two bedfellows that life under the same sheets

You need to understand taking medications to control illness is a situation of cause and effect and how much the drug is keeping you well. Ask yourself if the risk of the medication is worth its taking, sometimes we need to make informed decisions and the main person who makes these decisions is you, your GP can advise, you need to work out your risks 

BOB

• Posted

Hi Mariano - Amanda's comment about looking at natural remedies is great advise. I wonder if you are seeing a psychologist? It might be an idea as you can reveal your fears to someone who will not dismiss you and can talk you through your anxieties. Meds are a tool and should be used in conjunction with therapy to get the best results. The doc should prescribe a low dose at first to see if there are any negative effects. If your doc is not listening to your fears, get another doc.

• Posted

Hi Wayne..Have seen Phychologist..for about six months..practally told him my life story..all my worries and fears..He was sure it was a childhood truama that would come back to me..and I would be cured...but nothing came back to me...Then he finally said it was the xanax i was taking. but I was taking panic attacks about 3 months before I took xanax..so I stopped going to him..as we were getting nowhere..A lovely man to talk to...sadly it didn't work ...xx.

• Posted

Hi again Mariano - you did the right thing to stop going to that particular doc if it wasn't working. Have you considered seeing another psychologist? I know it's annoying to have to repeat things, and there is a sense of hopelessness and fear that nothing will help, but psychological issues are very complex and very unique to each individual. If you feel there is a childhood trauma buried inside that you can't reach, you might consider hypnotherapy. I survived complex childhood trauma which caused my depression and found the psychologist/psychiatrist route extremely frustrating. In the end I forgave my abuser and have relegated the trauma to to the past because there is noting I can do to change what has happened. That was then, the understanding of it is the bridge, and this side of the bridge is the now. Although the depression lingers I talk myself through it. My personal belief is that this is my burden and lesson in this life, my human experience this time around, and it is limited to only this life.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.