Need Help For Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my name is Jakob I've never done this before but I need help I don't know what to do about my depression I get depressed over the smallest things I have a girlfriend that I love with every inch of my heart but I feel like I burden her and my dad she tells me that I'm not a burden that I'm the love of her life that she couldn't imagine life without me but I still feel like life isn't worth living my mom is a drug addict that lives in Moorefield but I live with my dad and stepmom she's nice I love my dad i couldn't have gotten this far in life without him and my girlfriend I always have the feeling to cut myself which I do alot but I try not to I always feel like I should just end my life i always tell myself that no one will care about what happens that everyone will laugh at my funeral I don't know what I'm doing here anymore I know that I'm still here cause of my girlfriend and my dad and friends but I still hate myself my real mom says that I'm stupid she tried to drown me when I was eight my sister used to hit alot I was told I wasn't wanted I asked for help but my psychologist said a mental ward is what's best but I don't like being alone its what scares me the most please I need help I can't take feeling like this any longer if anyone reads this please help me

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jakob,

Wow it sounds like you have a really loving girlfriend a great Dad and step mom that all love you very much!!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling so down I know how that feels but it alway helps to talk to someone NSI you did the right thing!

Are you on any medicine for depression??

I really think it would help you a lot to talk to your Dr. About finding you a good counselor to talk to, tha always helps me.

We'll always be here for you too honey whenever you need to talk but embrace the ones who love you because they truly do!! God bless you honey and please keep us posted on how you are. ??

• Posted

well at least you have took the step to ask,now you just need to take a few more,like the lady said you NEED to see the doctor and ask for help,dosent mean your weak or soft or not man enough because depression is somthing we have no control of as it can hit any1 at any time in life,its what we do when it happens is how we get through it,loving partner will help especialy as time goes by as you will see that,doctors will give you somthing to take the edge off if thats the way you want to go down,or there is talking theropy i choose both and seem to be getting there slowly but surly,YOU WILL BE OK i promiss u ,put just takes a bit of timeĀ 
  • Posted

Hi Jakob - wow, that was the longesxt sentence I've ever read. Two possibilities: follow what the psychologist said or get another psychologist. Your condition is a result of horrific abuse - a proper psychologist will help you through it and can refer you for medications.

• Posted

Good on you for reaching out jakob15724, that's the first step. And now I think it's time you took another step - towards the therapist. You've had a rough life my friend and naturally it's left it's marks in your heart and mind. Your mother wasn't much help raising you, I see that, struggling with her own set of inner demons, and it's also possible you've inherited certain psychological tendencies from her as well but this isn't about blame. We're just fragile human beings, you see. I can relate to your situation because those kinds of upbringings can really crush the spirit within a person and it saddens me, but you can start over and begin to heal and grow, it's very possible. See about some therapy jakob15724; just talking things out, being real, and looking at new ways to approach life. Unburden yourself. Make your spirit healthy again.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.