Need Help - Fuzzy Feeling in Head

Posted , 4 users are following.

How long will this fuzzy feeling in my head last. I can't tell with it anymore. It occupies my every thought and can't concentrate on anything else but it. I feel like there is a brick in my skull. It has to be something else. It can't be anxiety. Some type of Brain Tumor or Cancer that is causing this. Everything around me feels foreign and I dont feel myself. I need help. Someone to talk to. I took a nap yesterday and woke up feeling like the world was ending. I cant keep track of time and have no idea what is taking place. Anxiety can not be the cause. I have been on Citalopram 20mg for 4 months and no improvement. 

Has anybody else felt this? I dont feel anxious or like I am having a panic attack. I try go on with my daily tasks but make it so hard to even do anything. 

3 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

If you weren't feeling anxious then you shouldn't take citalopram, so the fact your on them does suggest your doc thinks you have anxiety issues. And the fact you are worrying so much about how you feel again suggests anxiety, so even if you don't recognise it,its anxiety. Panic attacks don't need to be part of anxiety, i seldom have them but suffer badly from anxiety. Its all just anxiety I'm afraid,if the pills aren't working - which isn't unusual, then consider therapy, might be a better option
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was on Citalopram for 7 years before coming off cold turkey in August. This all started in October. The meds worked then but of course was feeling great so didnt think I needed them. Worst decision ever made. It has been all hell since then. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Coming of these kind of meds as you've found out cold turkey really isnt a good idea, if they help then staying on them as long as ure doc thinks its ok is fine, u do what u need to do to stay well. For longer term though therapy is every bit as effective and safer than drugs. Everyone is different though
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, Ive been there.  It will pass, I promise you.  You really need to find somthing to occupy your mind, I know its so hard.  Lound music, singing, long walk. Anything.  But it will pass on its own, but you can help it along if you can accupy your mind.  Waking up and feeling bad, just means you have had negative dreams. Keep as busy as you can, until your eyes cant stay open and then sleep.  

But it can not hurt you, you are OK.  Nothing bad will happen to you, its just awful feelings. 

Hope it gets easier soon. x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up