Need help managing a large fibroid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I had a terrible start to this year. It was as if my body just stopped functioning. Felt stuffed, exhausted, random abdominal pains and experienced abnormally heavy periods. Fast forward in April, doctors found a large fibroid. It has been disrupting my life. I don't understand how I didn't notice its existence before. I did think something was off with my abdomen and my periods were challenging but I just endured it.

Anyway, I am in this phase where I trying to manage the symptoms and run small diet change experiments to see what helps and track symptoms. I was thinking about making an app to make it easy for me to do(I am a software engineer) in a fun and supportive way. The hope is that I can understand what works better for my body and provide better information to the doctor about severity of symptoms. Think Clue but for fibroids.

I was wondering if more people are interested in this kind of thing. If so, how would they like such an application to work. Let me know if you are interested. I want to build something useful for the larger community if I am going to bother building something for myself.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Totally an awesome idea! I'm in smile

• Posted

yay! What kind of things would you like to track? I am thinking of something that keeps a daily pulse on your condition. How do you feel today? I am also thinking of something that correlates with any diet experiments. For example, I have using flax seed in food right now. It is helping a lot with the constipation

I would love to pick your brain about how you would like to use such an app and what you would like it to do.

• Posted

Yes, I'm in! I find it very crazy that our options to fibroids is so invasive. I would like to also know other ways to handle this sudden change to my body--

Thanks!

k

• Posted

What a great idea! The app should also have links for discussions like this forum for instance? Also track how heavy your periods are, how frequent you have to change your pad/tampon. I found the Doctor always asked these questions.

Good luck!

• Posted

Yes. A forum for the type/size of fibroid would be good. I think age matters as well.
  • Posted

I am 100% in for the app. I think for someone that has never heard of fibroids which was me about 2 months ago, I think an app that provides you with information, sizes of fibroids, symptoms and resolutions would be great.

Peoples stories, experiences on recovery and after surgery life would be perfect, or a forum like this so that you can talk to other people going through the same thing, and share experiences with others who aren't so familiar and haven't yet had their surgery (reason why I am on here as I am awaiting my surgery in 2 months time). I didn't realise just how common it was until I joined these forums so an App would be perfect and very handy.

maybe information of things that help you recover (I have heard that a U shaped pillow is a very good thing to have post surgery for getting comfortable, and coughing/sneezing after myomectomy surgery) smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.