Need help pls

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was diagnosed with silent reflux in January and started on lansoprozle 20mg I've done all the usual cut out foods drinks raised my bed all sorts I had my appendix and ovary removed march 10th by emergency caught infection was put on antibiotic and generally felt terrible for two weeks I started feeling better but yesterday I experienced sharp chest pains and pains in the back followed by burning up my arm took gaviscon and another lansoprozle still didn't help so I went to bed managed to sleep but today I've had some burning pain in left and right side of chest and arm and back I've been to scared to eat an have taken more gaviscon and lansoprozle I also had some face numbness pls can people tell me this is silent reflux being nasty because I'm worried about it being serious I need reassurance that others have had this that maybe the meds have caused the flare

Thank u

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It seems with the reflux there are so many addiitonal pains and aches it can cause.

That said, if it was me I would go into an urgent care and maybe ask for an EKG just to make sure your heart is OK for your own peace of mind.

• Posted

Thank u for the reply I think I will see how I feel tonight if it continues then go thank you again
    • Posted

Hi Samantha, I tried to send you a link but this website doesnt seem to want to allow it.  If you google the following words - healthline chest arm back pain gerd -  and go to the first result you will see that all of your symptoms can be explained by reflux.  

This is not defnitiive, but may make you less worried.

Matt

• Posted

Thank you so much matt you have no idea how much I appreciate all your replies and help and effort you put in

I will check now thank you again

Samantha

• Posted

Samantha Please try not to worry too much as like you I seem to have better days than some and these last few days have not been good.My throat and tongue seem to be constantly hot which I take to be caused by acid and just hours ago I suddenly developed a pain in the side of my head and in my left side so I have just taken it to be part of this awful illness.As advised if it seems to be untolerable then get down to your local emergency unit to get it checked out.Best wishes Ted
    • Posted

Thank you ted for replying I'm so tired of this it seems to take over my life lately I am trying very hard not to over worry but as a single parent to 3 kids I guess it sneaks up on me but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 7 to check my scars I shall try to hold out an ask them for advice thank u again an I hope you are feeling better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.