Need help to sleep. this reflux disorder is very stressful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum to help me understand this disease better but it seems that all the more I learn something new, it gives me the worst anxiety I've ever experienced. Am I the only one who feels like this?

In fact I can't sleep now. It is now 4am in my country and instead of sleeping I'm doing this. I tried to sleep like 2 hours ago but couldn't . It's like I'm waiting for my reflux to occur. And by time I feel like sleeping already I get this jerk that wakes up.

How are you guys trying to accept this long term condition? How long did it take you to accept this condition that there will be good and bad days? I feel so helpless.

I do get emotional support from my family but i know it will be different coming from you guys.

Hope to hear from someone!

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi clariebear where abouts are you may i ask it will do you no good stressing over this i have had it for many years now and i am learning to deal with it and adjust ..food will play a big part in this and drink so once you can manage your diet it will help you i'm sure ..it is a hard thing to deal with and to be honest this site hasn't really helped me ..in fact like you i've heard a lot more things that maybe i don't want to hear. But do you know what everyone is different you will be able to cope with it because you have to and with medication it will be a bit easier ..make some changes and don't stress that does nothing other than make you feel worse..plus doing without sleep ?? come on now try and go to bed and think of something else other than you.. have some nice thoughts or maybe put some music on to drown your negative thinking and hopefully you will drift off ..i do understand really because i suffer too but i have learnt that worrying just causes more DIS-EASE ..get some camomile tea to relax you before bed time and try your hardest to switch your thoughts to something positive..i hope you end up sleeping sound. susquatch
  • Posted

Hi susquatch,

Thanks for the support. Appreciate hearing positive thoughts. I needed that reinforcement there is always hope

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you're so anxious about this illness. I've found that I feel worse when I'm stressed, so it certainly doesn't help. All you can really do is make sure you are taking your medication, watch your diet, exercise when you can and know that you are doing your best. The ENT consultant I saw told me that LPR was 'very common', so you're in good company! My doctor told me that first the reflux has to be got under control and then the healing has to begin, so you can see that this whole process will probably take a few months.

I would suggest that if things don't improve with your sleeping you go back to your doctor and discuss things further. He/she might be able to reassure you and help you over this rough patch.

Take care and I hope that you're soon feeling much better.

• Posted

Hi rosiemags,

Thanks for the reply. Positive feedbacks help a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.