Need information about Ativan

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am taking.usually having to take. .5 MG of Ativan 2 times a day on rare occasions I have taken 3 times or even just 1.

I am taking 20mg of Citalopram and am on my 6th week so I am beginning to benefit from it at this time.

Does anyone think I am taking too much Ativan, I am trying to gut it out, but fighting off anxiety gets exhausting and that is,when I take the Ativan.

Thanks for any information

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like the general prescription for Ativan, I'm prescribed .5 twice daily as needed. I haven't taken any yet t though. I would say that if that is what your doctor prescribed then it is fine, just make sure to not stop using them abruptly to avoid any withdrawal symptoms.

• Posted

I have taken Lorazepam which is same as Ativan. I took 1 to 11/2 a day for quite awhile and it was very helpful. If you take it every day, at some point when you are better and come off it, you will need to wean slowly. I did it myself when dose got up to 2.1/4 a day. Took me 3 months, but it wasn't bad. i don't know about the other drug. If Ativan helps, especially while finding other helpful things like how to eat right and not aggravate the condition with the wrong foods, why not use it. Check with your doctor if still not sure. You'll be okay. Stay with this forum, lots of helpful and caring , knowledgeable people.smile

• Posted

Thanks for your info, I was thinking about getting off too so didn't want to overdo

• Posted

Im supposed to take .5 to 1mg twice daily as needed , i usually only take half of the .5 just to take the edge off , and more if i need it .
    • Posted

I was taking half for a while but it wasn't doing the job. Thanks

• Posted

Does that help you? That's usually how I start the lowest dose possible

• Posted

I had two anxiety attacks that were so bad I had to go to hospital and one of them was 30 minutes after taking a 1/2 dose. Now I just don't bother with 1/2

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.