Need options

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I recently posted on here that I was going back on celexa, I haven’t yet. This intense fear is ravaging any confidence i have at getting better. I know I’ve been here before, in the exact situation and I came out of it. But The other difference is this time I just have no hope, I am extremely depressed and have no idea what to do anymore. I want to take these meds but I remember they made my sadness worse and I am genuinely scared for myself if it gets any worse. Need advice.  I’m in a bad spot, barely leaving my room, can’t eat anything, anxiety and extremely bad depression

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dylan are you taking any medication?

You really should be getting help from your gp if your feeling the way you are. Are you able to eat at all?

• Posted

Hi Dylan

My heart goes out to you it’s such a tough thing to go through as we all know but you beat this before and will again , that’s what you have to remember even in these dark times .

Yes you probably will feel worse when you start the med but that’s how it is for most people but that’s the med setting in and trying to find its balance and start working .

Talk to your GP , I went to Mind who are fantastic, read all the positive stuff in the forum , read how others are going through the same but battling on with the encouragement of others , check out Katcoggs on the site , she is extremely knowledgeable, had been through it and understands and explains things so well , she has helped me and many many others no end.

As horrific as you feel you will get there 👍

Take care 

• Posted

Hi. I know exactly how you feel. I came through anxiety and depression in the past. I tried to ignore it for a while but I got so bad. I'm back on 20mg of citalopram along with diazepam. I must say I'm 3 weeks in and my anxiety and depression is worse. It is almost unbearable. Having said that I know this is normal.and things will.improve. I'm trying to tell myself feeling worse for a couple of weeks to get well.is better than struggling without doing anything. I spend a lot of time in bed and also I'm not eating. Lots of people have told me it will get better and to stick with it. I would suggest you try it. Do you have a lot of support around you?? Good luck xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up