Need reassurance!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so I've been taking serimel 50mg for about 2 weeks. Don't think that they are workin! I've been anxious all day today and jst feel weak and shakey 😔 feel like I'm on the verge of gettin one big attack all day. It's a horrible feelin 😓 any advice on how to calm down ??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Take slow, deep, breaths. Breathing in and out very slowly. Also if you like taking a bath, enjoy a long soak in the tub, or do something else that you enjoy to help take your mind off things. 

Hang in there. Anti-depressants can take a while to get into your system. It could take another week or so, or if your dosage isn't right it could take a bit longer, but you will get there. Have you booked into see your dr anytime soon? They should be monitoring you and they can look to adjust your medication if it doesn't seem to be improving. 

Never just increase your medication yourself - always go back to your gp and let them do this. They know how these medications can affect you in higher doses, as well as knowing what meds can be taken with what. 

It also means that they can help support you through this better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.