Need Some Advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Around 4 weeks ago i felt quite ill, the Doctors said it could be down to food poision or a viral infection, For the last 4 weeks i have had intermintant diarrhea, I went back to the doctors who sent me for a stool sample and a blood test which i got done last week and am awaiting the results. However for the last 3 days i have had this mild to sharp pain in the lower left side of my abdomen, the pain is dull but persistant. I am 36 years of age and an otherwise health male. Could this be Divericulitis? Should i wait for the tests to come back or see mr Doctor before hand and advise him of the new lower left  pain? If i wait for the test it will be another week wait, is that ok?

Thanks in advance


0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hello David

    I would not wait but go straight back to your



    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Endorsing Keiran's advice - and to put things into an urgent perspective - have a look at 'Peritoinits' in Wiki'.   It is a possible result of herniation of the gut in a severe diverticulitis flare.  It certainly wants to be eliminated becuase it is very serious indeed!

    See how your symptoms match up to the Wiki' article.

    Good luck,


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello David I'd go to see your doctor first. I'd had pains for a few days untill I woke one night in agony . I went to the hospital and never came out for a week . I was nil by mouth for four days pending surgery I was on painkillers and antibiotics through a drip.  I had a scan and a endoscopy, the results came back with divergiculitis. I hadn't been for number two's for over a week . I wish ide gone the doctors sooner 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Had to smileat your post. You and I were both abducted at source.I 

      went through thr 111 system, but as I was in such pain ,the doctor

      heard me yelping over the phone, as he asked if I could get to the 

       Out Of Hours clinic .No was the answer ,so he had me collected, and I asked the driver not to drive over any bumps .The doctor felt the hurting bit, and like you, he wouldn't let me go home to collect useful's, so all I had was what I stood up in.


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello doubt Cauli's comments have frightened the pants off you, It

    would be advisable to go to an A&E dept ,like NOW . If nothing else you will

    find out sooner rather than later (less pain ) and it will also stop you worrying.

    So, shut the machine down, put your coat on and off you go. NOW ,Let us 

    know ,when you get back.


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up