Need Some Advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically im under the domestic violence team, cause my dad has emotionally and mentally abused me, and for the past couple of days ive been having very bad nightmares, since my so called dad messaged me on christmas eve, and i found out from the police that the restrainning order that i thought was in place....wasnt! Ive been waking up every morning with bruises. The nightmares are very real, to the point where basically my dad is physical abusing me, by hits, kicking, punching and things more worse. But the thing that scares me the most is the bruises that i wake up with are in the exact same place where he hurt me in my nightmares and the nightmares just keep repeating themselves. Ive got to a point where i truly dont know what to do. Im that scared, of everything now, i cant really talk to my friends or family anymore. has anyone got any advice on what to do?

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing- i think the stress has impacted your dreams,and they cant hurt you,stay strong
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi ickle princess,

I am so truly sorry that you have faced so much trauma both physical and emotionally.... you must be a very brave young lady... have you had any form of counselling? Or is there maybe a support group for survivors of. Violence?... it would really help if you could talk to others who have been in the same situation....

You should also go and see your doctor for a physical check up, if you are bruising easily, it would need looking into...also they may be a leader to give you something to help with your distressing nightmares..

You should be Incredibly PROUD OF YOURSELF XX. You could I am sure help very many others who are and have been in the same situation...

You could give talks to youngsters at high school, and I am sure that the school and social services could organise either counselling or a personal mentor....hold your head up high, I have nothing but admiration for you...with sincere best wishes to you,,, Deirdre xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, it's Deirdre again, the counselling would be of great help for young people in your situation who are either too scared or unable to confide in their family...

You would also be a perfect candidate to train to be a Samaritan .. you could help many others (I went through very many difficulties and I had no-one that I could open up to )..

Best wishes to you once more.... DEIRDRE xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there, I would just like to say how brave and strong you are, even tho you think your not. It's not easy to talk about abuse and you have made the first step to getting help. I feel so upset for you that your suffering these nightmares that feel so real.

I believe you are suffering from PTSD- Post traumatic stress disorder. This is a condition that causes things like flash backs and feeling like you are re living the abuse that you suffered, which can feel very real even tho it's not happening now and it was in the past, but because the abuse traumatised you your brain can't distinguish between then and now and was is real and what isn't and I think that's why your nightmares feel so real and scare you. 

You really need to see your GP as soon as you can and tell him/her what's happening with your nightmares and mention PTSD to him/her as you will need medication to help you with this, its not something that will just go away you've been affected very badly with what you've suffered and if you don't get help now things will just get worse and to be truthful I can't see how worse it could be especially after what you've said. 

I hope this has helped and you see your doctor soon. 

Take care x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up