Need some advice as at a loss here

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So I need some help as I’m at a loss. So a few months ago I was having unprotected with a guy I was dating , having been told by him he had been tested and was clean (as was I). Anyways fast forward a few months after we aren’t seeing each other anymore, I had some weird symptoms. Extreme itch down below, red rash and some bumps. Went to my gp, told her my sexual history, she said it wasn’t an std. anyways it eventually went away, but then came back. Went back to my gp who again said it wasn’t an STD but booked me into the sexual health clinic anyway. So I went to the sexual health clinic whilst symptoms were present (but not as bad this time, just rash and extreme itch and soreness), and the sexual health dr said she thought it was eczema and prescribed some moisturising cream. This cream did help a bit but the issue returned this year. So I went for a full screening and told the GUM dr I thought this could be hsv2, she said it didn’t look like it was but said I was positive for thrush (came back negative for everything else) and treated me for thrush and sure enough it all cleared up. Anyways the issue has reappeared a couple months later and I’m just not convinced that this isn’t hsv2 anymore. Could all these drs be this wrong? I’m so distressed as I just want answers. It doesn’t necessarily look like classic pictures of hsv2 but it keeps returning as this red itchy rash.  Any advice on what to do would be great! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could be a bacterial infection? Thats what im going through atm with a similar situation. I thought it was hsv2, but my test came back negative for everything. Some women are just more likely to get infections compared to others. My area was red, itchy, swollen, had bumps, and could be sensitive to the touch. But I guess its just a really bad bacterial infection that somehow came about... I started my medication last night and it seems to be doing better today? Maybe go back to your doctor and suggest this. But best of luck.
    • Posted

Hi sarah,

firstly thanks so much for replying! what exactly is this bacterial infection you've been diagnosed with? I feel like I need to go back to the drs definitely but I've already been 5 or 6 times now and I'm still no closer to this issue going away so it is so extremely frustrating sad I've seen my regular GP and gone to a GUM clinic multiple times over the past 9 months so I just can't understand why this hasn't been resolved sad all the best to you as well x

• Posted

My doctor said I had a yeast infection + Bacterial vaginal infection- BV (bacterial vaginosis). You could possibly have this? I had another infection similar a few months ago, but less intense as this one. It was just red and itchy, swollen,but no bumps at the time. I have no idea why I keep getting them and it just started this year around March - April. But I thought it was something more serious since I was seeing a new partner then. So I have no idea, but all my test came back negative. I really hope you get it resolved!
  • Posted

What type of symptoms did you have exactly 
    • Posted

Like did you ever have discharge or was it burning? 
    • Posted

I had a lot of discharge, itchiness and it burned when touched. It was really red followed by these bumps that almost looked like blisters, but never left sores or breached the skin. Some people on my own discussion thread thought it could be related to herpes, but all of my test came back negative this week. It was confirmed to just be a really bad yeast/ bacterial infection. But I've never had one this bad before so I really thought it was some type of STD. But I wouldn't try to self diagnose since it was just more of a peace of mind to visit my doctor. And I was given antibiotics, so it'll hopefully it'll clear up in a week. Feel free to message me or etc. : ) im gappy to help because I went through this same scare!!

• Posted

I had discharge which was a yeast infection (dr tested me for this and came back positive). But I also had this itchy rash, and my skin looked broken and some small bumps which the GUM dr saw but said it wasn’t hsv2. It can get really sore at times, and it keeps coming back. I’m just fed up I want answers sad 
    • Posted

Yeah my burning sensation always comes back and its like a rash really red on one side of my vagina and its very bothersome at times and I have no clue what it can be anymore. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.