Need some advice,just got back from seeing gynacology

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I've just got home from the hospital,I saw gynaecology,they done an internal examination,Blood test and urine test,the doctor I saw said he is certain it's not my small fibroid that's causing me the pains in and around my stomach,or my other symptoms,I told him that me and my partner had to stop having sex because it was starting to hurt,which I put down to the fibroid,I also told him that me and my partner want to have more children in the future,and he seems to think that my fibroid won't cause any problems,if I did fall pregnant,tbh I felt like this doctor wasn't really listening to me at all,he's now referring me for a CT scan at the hospital on my stomach and pelvis,he won't remove my fibroid,please can someone give me some advice,feel so low cos of this

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny.

If you have been referred for a scan then that is the best advice as a proper picture can then be seen. An ultrasound is not always clear so its best to get an MRI or CT. I would not think he can tell much from what has been done so far. An internal is just a feel around and its not giving a picture. I would have avoided the internal and just asked for the MRI or CT. I had a pelvic MRI done myself to have the full picture of what is where. I expect CT is similar.  Don't feel low because you are lucky to be referred for a proper scan now to see what is happening. Was an MRI mentioned or just CT ? either way a scan is good.   Good luck, S   

• Posted

It's positive that you're getting a scan. They won't discuss removing anything until they can actually se what's there. I knew I had a fibroid but they didn't know how big it was until after the MRI and then I had an op to remove it. I agree your comment on sex as it became painful for me too. Keep your chin up though as at least they are investigating further😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.