Need some help & advice!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey folks, I'm new to all this forum stuff, but thought I would give it ago and get direct to people who suffer and feel the same way I do.

I'm 27 years old, have a full time 9 till 5 job monday to Friday which i love! I have recently just purchased my first house with my fiance and were due to get married next year! Everything you see would appear fabulous in my normal life... except one thing... I suffer with anxiety!

About a month ago i was organising my fathers surprise 60th in birmingham and with all the stress of communicating to my family etc It was causing my IBS to flare up which then provoked my anxiety about travelling to Birmingham. (over 1 hour in the car)

So I decided to go to the doctors to see if i could be given anything to help take the knock off the anxiety, to which he gave me a sleeping tablet can't remember the name something strong! He then recommended that i take fluxeotine and try a rebuild of my seritonin level... so i thought great lets tackle this and see how they go...

After the birmingham weekend away I started taking the tablets on the monday... after 3 days I had a bad reaction at work, dizziness, etc... i think it was a panic attack right out the blue no reason... so i left work and went home very upset. I called the duty doctor who said i could either continue and persist with the tablets or stop taking them. After the way i was feeling i decided to stop taking them as i hated the uncontrolable dizziness etc..

I then ended up in A&E on the Thursday night shaking, trembling, vomiting, dizzy, this lasted 8 hours, my bloods came back ok, and I was told to go home... the only thing i could do was try to sleep with the sleeping pills the doc gave me the week before. Luckily they worked for the next few days and i managed to get some sleep... a week later i believe the tablets were out of myself so i started to feel better but in the result of this i had severe anxiety.

I am not 4 weeks later and still off work! I've not been able to leave my home or go to the shops..etc... I am house bound and struggling! I don't want to lose my job so i am signed off for another week... I have managed to go round the corner in my car to the post box but that is it...

I am stranded at my dads house while my fiance moves to our new home!

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE AS I AM STRUGGLING WITH EVERYTHING AND I DONT WANT MY LIFE TO SUFFER.

I'm not depressed... just anxious and angry that i am letting this effect my life.

I've had timeline therapy but it's only helped alittle bit... I am still awaiting a call from the NHS about talking space! 

I am really against taking any medication as i do not want any side effects!  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jenny,

I have both Depression and a Anxiety Disorder. What works perfect for me.

1 MG Klonapin Daily for Anxiety

I had panic attics before I got them under control I took Zanex only when the attacks hit. They are fast acting, but don't las as long as the Klonapin. (Never should a doctor prescribe them both.

It could be short term anxiety and I don't understand why your doctor would give you sleeping pills or meds for deprression. (OLD SCHOOL)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.