NEED SOME INFO PLEASE

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi

You guys might remember me I had both my knees done the end of Jan. I went back to work on Mother's Day. My problem is my boss is trying to knee shame me. He told me the other day his friend had both his knees done he said his friend had no pain after six weeks. I asked if he had both done same time he said no three years apart. He is trying to make me work full time when he said I could start back part time , he can't keep help. I would not mind trying to help but he gets mad if I need to rest. He acts like I'm faking. He thinks I should be healed by now . I wait tables and think I am doing very good but he makes me sad. ; ( What do you guys think?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tana, was just thining about you and wondering how you are and how things are at work. XX
    • Posted

Sue

Well the good news is I am feeling stronger every day . The bad news my boss is still a dick . Right now just trying to stay strong till I feel like my old self so I can have the confidence to be able to get a new job . Boss still very much into the knee shaming, telling me I am not 100 percent like I used to be makes me want to cry.

• Posted

Tana,  come on now...no crying about what boss dick says.  And really you are not 100%,  

you are 6 months into recovery...remember it takes at LEAST a year to heal.  Next time he says that to you....you should look him in the face and say I know I am not 100%, that is why I have to rest at times....the doc told me it would be at least a year before I am healed.  Use his words to explain your circumstances.

Hang in there...till U find something new...you did a double knee replacement....you can do anything!!!!  Then get a job where what you do is appreciated!

pam

• Posted

I'm glad to hear from you, am glad you are feeling stronger. Keep the positivity going and then when you find something new you can tell him what to do with his job!! Just ignore him.

I'm thinking about you just take care and do not overdo things no matter what he says. xx 

• Posted

Pam

If I was really crying over my dick boss I could float the ark.smile . I know I will get back to myself. It has been a little hard ,but it has been hard for everyone on this site. So I will suck it up and remember what my surgeon said " Montana you have done beyond good I am so proud of you ,what you have done was so hard and you have done outstanding" this is what I will remember when my boss tries to knee shame me.

• Posted

Go Tana!!!!! Ijust remember what the surgeon is saying you have done brilliantly. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.