Need some input.

Posted , 4 users are following.

How do you look at someone you love and tell yourself it's time to leave. I've been with this guy for 4 years. He's my backbone but he doesn't treat me good anymore.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

First of all I would ask have you tried couples cancelling an talking things over to find out why he's the way he is now.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Celine, better now than later, believe me. I have been there, and we stayed together 25 years!  It would have been much kinder to him - and me to do it sooner.  Our lives would have been much happier and less stressful, and affected less people.  It will be very painful for you both, maybe more for him, but pain heals.  Trust me, it does. You only get one life, don't waste it, or his.  You will look back and regret it. If Onlys will not turn the clock back.  Be brave, now, please. will be thinking abut you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry, just noticed another reply suggesting counselling.  Thats fine if you think you may want to work things out, but act now, don't delay.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You're not married or living with him right? You're 17 right? So that makes you together since you were 13 right? How old is he? To be honest, I don't think most people on this board could really give you great advise, as most people are coming here for help with their anxiety. I think you'd get more of the advise you are looking for by searching on Google for a message board with do with teen breakups. BTW do you text?Here's a thought... If you text on your cell phones, that might be a way to ease telling him you  love him a fantastic friend that you want for a life time (that is if you do), but that for a while you need a break from you romantic relationship to "find yourself" and what you are all about now at this age...That you need unencumbered time to spend with your self, getting to know who you are as a person, and to know that you not that you not 1/2 of a relationship. Well that's my 2 cents...hope it gives you some ideas
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well somehow that last sentance got garbled...here's how it should have read...That you need unencumbered time to spend with your self, getting to know who you are as a person, and to know that you not JUST 1/2 of a relationship. Well that's my 2 cents...hope it gives you some ideas
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anyone who does not treat you well is not your friend. All the complications of life sometimes can obscure this truth. You deserve to be treated well. Best wishes, David.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up