Need some reassurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering from health anxiety really bad for about 7 months. I am constantly going to doctors had numerous of test done that all came back good.

They say it's all coming from anxiety but I can not accept the fact that anxiety can really do this to you. I am a mess.

My fear is ALS, I am so scared of that word. It started with all over twitches which is still there but 90% better, then I had leg weakness with foot numbness that to is 90% better. But now for the past few months I been having this thing with my tongue like it feels like it is burning an I feel like I talk funny like my tongue don't want to work but no one else can notice it, the Dr says it's called burning mouth syndrome. Then I have been having hand an arm tremors, they only happen when I am physically doing something an stops as soon I I relax my hand or arm. They are telling me this is all anxiety that I am focusing to much on my body an noticing every little thing. I just can't except that I keep saying well what if...what if they missed something or what if it's to soon. I hate it an I can't handle it anymore. I do take xanax, pro-active an amitriplyne all small doses. It helps a little but I feel like I have a demon in me that is like controlling my mind.

Are these normal symptoms of anxiety an has anyone else experienced this it would really help hearing from you.thanks

Amy

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I really do think its anxiety and depression, I'm going through the same, are you on antidepressants?
    • Posted

Are you having similar symptoms like tremors an shakiness. I do take xanax, pro-active an amitriplyne.
    • Posted

Yes feel like all my insides are shaking, is that an antidepressant? And velum? How long have you been on this medication? I really feel for you, its such a cruel debilitating illness, that seems to be all to do with the mind set. I just hope we get the best treatment, my Dr said I will get better, I just cant see it. Have you got a sympathetic Dr? I want to get q second opinion. Do you feel bette r later in the day? And are you sleeping?
    • Posted

All 3 of medicines r antidressants. I sleep good for the most part but the medicinessential make me sleepy which I'm glad because I would rather sleep than be a mess like I am. I been referred to a physiologist but just haven't made the step to do, maybe I will give it a try but I just don't think if doctors can assure me it's anxiety I don't know if a physiologist can.
    • Posted

How long have you been on meds,? And yeah I know what you mean by prefrering to be a sleep, I'm the same but I get very little sleep, is your mood veey very low too? Does it get better as day goes on? Do you get out or stay in? I have to get out.
    • Posted

Getting out helps but I have to force myself out, I been on the meds for a little over a month. I'm always nice a moody mood.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for MS (Multiple Sclerosis)..usually they do a brain scan to see if you have "lesions" in specific areas.

If they have done this...and all the other blood work for things like Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme disease etc. and have found nothing...it is really possible anxiety is causing these symptoms because anxiety does affect our central nervous system.

I totally understand what you are feeling because I am going thru almost the same thing....many tests...right now I am in the process of waiting for some blood results.  I did have an abnormal result on one test...but they haven't been able to pinpoint why...and tell me some people just DO have this abnormal result.  WELL....like you....I want something to be diganosed...other than "anxiety"..but I'm in the same boat....it could just be that.

• Posted

Yes I had Mri, tons of blood work an 2 emg all came back fine.
    • Posted

Yes than I know what your going thru.

I have so much pain in especially my shoulders and arms....legs at times...lots of migranes...never sleep more than 1.5 hours..either due to pain or anxiety.

Somedays my anxiety is so high..I feel like my heart is running out in front of my body and I can't catch it to slow it down...dry mouth...itchy patches on my skin, memory problems (I drove to an area I'm very familiar with and took the wrong turn and didn't realize WHERE I WAS.

I forget what I am doing...I put things in the sink that belong in the ice box.  I turn on the stove when I want to really turn on a faucet....so messed up all the time...crying...angry...etc.  But so far everything is normal?!!!

So, I get it.

• Posted

Hi,

It's nice to hear your comments can u tell me did you get itchy rashes in your skin due to anxiety and high temperature.

• Posted

Yes Amy I am going through the exact same thing. The what ifs and googling everything. I've been to my dr numerous of times and plenty different hospitals and they all say the same thing. I look at it like there's no way all these Drs and hospitals could all be missing something. It will get better just have to fight through it. You are stronger than this!! It's a slow healing process but it shall pass. Gotta take baby steps all over again. I'm here if you need anyone to talk to.
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I have made my family to the point where they even hate to talk to me about this because its,all I talk about an I try to tell them that its,really hard dealing with it an no one to talk to.

If u don't mind me asking what are the symptoms u have sometimes it helps knowing that I'm not the only one.

• Posted

Aches and pains all over my body trembles shakey dizziness nauseous tingling in hands and feet stomach pains appetite up and down out of body feeling and sometimes I feel jus ill like I'm dying from a deadly disease. Oh yea and I get headaches Frm time to time
  • Posted

Unfortunately yes these are symptoms of anxiety, its awful, but anxiety does need treatment, if the Dr knows this he/she should be helping you, I have awful anxiety too, mainly in the mornings, health, and sometimes for no reason at all, and its so scary. You will get better, try to accept that It is anxiety, then you can learn to fight it.
    • Posted

Thanks everyone it's good to know I'm not alone. Hope everyone get better soon!!!

• Posted

I am also going through this hard time and I am getting almost all the symptoms latest is burning skin with rashes. Have anyone experienced the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.