Need some reassurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering from health anxiety really bad for about 7 months. I am constantly going to doctors had numerous of test done that all came back good.

They say it's all coming from anxiety but I can not accept the fact that anxiety can really do this to you. I am a mess.

My fear is ALS, I am so scared of that word. It started with all over twitches which is still there but 90% better, then I had leg weakness with foot numbness that to is 90% better. But now for the past few months I been having this thing with my tongue like it feels like it is burning an I feel like I talk funny like my tongue don't want to work but no one else can notice it, the Dr says it's called burning mouth syndrome. Then I have been having hand an arm tremors, they only happen when I am physically doing something an stops as soon I I relax my hand or arm. They are telling me this is all anxiety that I am focusing to much on my body an noticing every little thing. I just can't except that I keep saying well what if...what if they missed something or what if it's to soon. I hate it an I can't handle it anymore. I do take xanax, pro-active an amitriplyne all small doses. It helps a little but I feel like I have a demon in me that is like controlling my mind.

Are these normal symptoms of anxiety an has anyone else experienced this it would really help hearing from you.thanks

Amy

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi yes I get all the same things as yourself muscle twitching, head jerking, aching everywhere, weakness, prickly sensation all over body, burning tongue, metallic taste, staring into thin air for no reason! And many many more!! It's an awful thing to have to go through on a daily basis especially when you feel like you are alone and everyone else is just getting on with their life! I am having Cbt at the moment for health anxiety I am really hoping it helps!
    • Posted

Yes I understand exactly how u feel... I go through the same thing everyday I hate it!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi Kerry,

I am meeting my psychiatrist today. Hope she can help me to overcome this situation. Last night I rarely had a sleep. I wake up normally at 04:30 to pray and then I go to bed again. But last night I woke up during sleep 5 times and after prayers I couldn't go to sleep back again. It's continuous panic attacks. And I look my body for symptoms constantly. It's really annoying and I wanna come out from this and wanted to live my normal life. I lost my feelings and my parents are worried because of me. And I am going through a hell of a time right now. I pray for everybody to anybody nobody should get this disorder in their life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.