Need someone to talk to please:(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i was at doctors around 2 months ago had a really low mood come on to me out of no where while i was at work, it made me have thoughts about life and whats the point ect, i calmed down and it went away within half an hour, i had a really dry mouth and i had to call someone but when i was on the phone i didnt want to speak, i was worried about this for a while and didnt really feel normal till about 3 weeks ago, i was giving propolono beta blockers, they put it down as anxiety, so i started taking them and i started to get back to myself eventually i had been feeling fine or to myself for the past 2 weeks and my mum got taken into hospital last week for mental health depression, shes been telling me everything and its been heavy, im only 21 and shes been going through this for a while now its taking an affect on me i think, i had been feeling back to myself untill she went in, now the past week ive been off work, feeling i just want to sleep it off, my appetite is away, when my friends are round i gradually feel better, my eyes feel heavy, i get strange thoughts running through my mind sometimes, i dont really like being alone, i dont know if this is depression or anxiety or how i can help myself get better i dont want this to get any worse??? Im waiting on a mental health team to speak to me before i decide to take tablets, im just worried incase i end up badly depressed or if im already depressed...

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like you have slight health anxiety mine started the same way dry mouth and panic. You will over come just make sure you do what you need to I order to get better, that means taking mess and going to therapy.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea im just worried incase its depression Richard, im only a young boy im worried about my health i get more worried incase i get suicidal thoughts ect that scares me, like last week i got really dry mouth and had to speak to someone i got speaking to someone and it eventually weared off, this week ive been off work which probably doesnt help but ive not had any wee panic attacks or anything ive just been feeling total drousey and not myself, i just hope its not turning into depression, ive got propolono ill keep taking these and hopefully my worries and feelings start to settle in the next week
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It definitely sounds likes anxiety and not so much depression. Try to distract yourself when a thought starts. Get up and walk, hum a tune, breath deep from your abdomen, listen to a favorite song, meditate, shut your eyes and visualize your favorite place on earth. Prayers to you that this helps.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply, hate going through it but if my mums not well it cant be helped its maybe just a time im going through, anxiety runs in my family which makes me think its anxiety, i dont get panic attacks as such it's just feeling crappy and horrible feelings in my stomach and worrying about so many things. Need to try and stop x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same as me, I git worse, sounds like depression, you need to get help before its gets worse I think, but of course its totally up to you, I feel for you , I'm on meds 3 weeks now, list lots of weight.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know I know, its sooo scary, I cry I get so scared, but on here are a lot of success stories, hopefully someone hopefully willl give us a light at the end of this dark tunel 😏
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea totally i feel for you also, fingers crossed then! Mines comes and goes thats why the think its anxiety but i Just want something to clear my head! Hopefully we fix ourselfs soon
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, its sad lonely illness, I hate it so much, maybe one day I can help people. The thoughts and the brain constantly thinking about it too, is sooooo annoying 😢
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yep im the exact same, i try and take my mind off it but it just over takes, i feel not so bad atm but when i wake up tomorrow i know im just gonna feel how ive been feeling the past week, i worry about my mind taking over that much it makes me suicidal, i worry about that stage so much😢
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow, your story sounds just like mine. The thoughts came out of nowhere and persisted. I have been on Prozac for 3 weeks, so still early into the mediation, and have been depressed for 8 weeks now. Learning to control it better and hopefully the intrusive thoughts all dissapear soon!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea its not too great, im not on any medication yet, i think it might help if i did though, yea mines came out the blue once i came back my holiday in july it took a month to dissappear it went away alone then one day all of a sudden i just hit a low mood and ive sorta been worried about it all ever since, i think alot of it is to do with worrying about my mum, just maybe a hard time im going through, hopefully you can get back to normal you definitely will, it all takes time i guess, im just a bad worrier and it doesnt help atall i cant help that though x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi to all of you on here who are suffering.....

Bless you....please don't lose heart...it really can and does..!! Get better...I was like you, I was at the point of suicide...I woke up every morning with a sense of SHEER...UTTER DREAD...I avoided everyone and everything...as we were going on holiday a few weeks later...I went to SEE my doctor...I just broke down and told her everything....she put me onto SERTRALINE 100mgs....after a few weeks I began to feel better..I have been on them for about 10 yrs...I have had the dosage raised twice...I.am now on 200mgs...

I still have days that aren't too good, b it I carry on ...

Only do essential things..you can leave many things until you feel stronger.....try to eat well ....and....sleep well...I there are things you cannot change...accept them and try not to worry about them......keep in touch with your friends..and be honest about just how low you feel, they will want to help and support you.....

Only do what you need to...your body and your mind both need a rest....I wish you and all on this forum...big, big, big very big hugs....please, please all, see your GP....in my thoughts and prayers ...DEE. xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks alot for your reply, i dont feel suicidal as such i just feel so crap when im alone and cant think straight, i just dont want it to get any worse to get to the point i feel suicidal because ill panic so much, i think i maybe need to try tablets im not on any anti depressant yet, they offered me fluxotine but i said id wait untill i spoke to a councillor forst, would staying off tablets and trying to overcome it lead to worse or could that work out better for me? Or is it possible to overcome these worrys without tabletS?
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up