Need support

Posted , 4 users are following.

Omg, I can't handle this anxiety, nausea, depression and constant shaking.

iI know I have complained of this a lot but I so desperately need help.

I just don't want to go on like this anymore. I try to be strong but this agony drains it out of me. I hate being the way I am.

Laurie

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, Laurie! It is really horrible now but in a few weeks you'll be out of the nightmare and into the light and happiness.

Forgive yourself and accept yourself as you are right now - soon you will feel like a different person.

The only thing I found that helped at your stage was distraction. For me, the best was movies and box sets. In this weather, maybe you could force yourself to go for a walk. Talking is always good - not just about how terrible you feel but also getting involved with what your friend is telling you about his/her life.

Distract yourself - it's about getting out of your head, putting aside your whirling thoughts. It's horrible but you won't die from it so distraction is the name of the game. What works best for you?

• Posted

Thank you Carl,

I really am trying, but the longer this goes on the harder it gets.

Im not good company for anyone so I won't make others uncomfortable.

I am trying to fight thoughts of suicide when it's bad. 

I just want to be normal, calm and happy again.

• Posted

Hi Laurie

As you are having suicidal thoughts and don't want to make others uncomfortable, why don't you ring Samaritans? You speak anonomously to a person who will not judge you, who just listens and listens. I used to be one.

How many weeks in are you and what is your dose? I really wanted to give up but now, maybe three years later, I've never been happier, even have moments of pure joy. You can be normal, calm and happy again - but, infortunately, that comes at the other side of a nightmare. SOm stick with it - and find whatever distracts you. Have you tried a movie yet? Which is your favourite?

• Posted

I'm 2 and 1/2 weeks in on 20mg Prozac. I also take 50mg quetipine 3 times a  

day and my psychiatrist just added 25mg lamotrigen. I have clonazepam for when I need it, but I took .5mg yesterday and it actually made me more depressed. I don't know if it's reacting with the Lamotrigen. Thank you for the Idea of the Samaritians. Is that in Ontario?

Thank you so much Carl for all your ideas and support. It helps my heart that you reply with no judgement.

I look for a few words of support on this site is every day.

Laurie

• Posted

I feel like the anxiety has become worse over the last couple of days.

Does that happen?

I just feel like crying all the time. Also trying to control panic.

• Posted

Ah! Ontario. Samaritans are British, like me - though I'm sure there is an equivalent organisation in Canada - yeah! Google suicide crisis line Ontario - there are a couple you can choose from.

My knowledge of your drugs ran out after 20mg Prozac., I'm afraid. Everything I say has to do with Prozac only, I have no idea how it interacts with the other drugs you take. That is for your Psychiatrist. What we do here is support each other - I know how important it is to know you are not alone.

• Posted

In my early weeks on Prozac, my anxiety felt like hot rocks in my stomach. Turns out, all our symptoms are down to an excess amount of adrenalin pumping round in out blood. So the trick is to calm ourselves and slow the adrenaline supply. Shoot! that is so easy to type and so difficult to do.

That brings us back to distraction - something to help us forget we are anxious and depressed, even for a minute to begin with.

Whilst it varies with each person, I was at my worst between weeks 2 and 3. I so hope the worst will soon be over for you, Laurie.

Oh! and chocolate.

• Posted

Hey Laurie

My worst time was weeks 2 and 3. Then by the end of week 4 I got some relief i.e. parts of days were better. As Carl says, you are not alone, so hang in there. Hope you are doing ok. 

• Posted

Thank you Craig,

Im holding on. One day at a time.

All the support from the people on this site gives so much hope.

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Laurie

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Im still hanging in. Some of my evenings are better. Still waking up with anxiety and nausea but I have had a couple of days that it has been less. And then it gets bad again. I just hope the depression starts to improve . I'm afraid of upping my dose of Prozac for the side effects to start all over again in a horrible way. I'd like to know if the side effects get better first and the depression follows or should they get better at the same time? 

How are you doing?

• Posted

How are you doing now, Laura? You 'should' be feeling better - but it ain't necessarily so.

Fingers crossed that things are on the up for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.