Need support. Very scared mom of 12 year old

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have severe health anxiety/OCD so the fact that im worried about my daughters health is killing me

basically she lost a lot of weight in about 6 months about 17ilbs since August 2018 she got her first period april 2018 i think the weight started coming in late October she was 122 now 106

long story short i took her to pediatrician on jan 10 took blood work and all came back normal

im still worried and weighed her today and seems she lost few more poundsalso her period started to get irregular I went into full blown panic

she shows no signs of illness energetic, doing great in school, has lots of friends truly seems happy AND i already thought of eating disorder but she eats... im pretty damn sure its not that im with her all day since i dont work and watch her like a hawk

assuming not eating disorder why would this happen???? im thinking horrible diseases

please help im so so upset

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I totally understand were your coming from, I too lost a lot of weight in a very quick period about 2 stone. Everyone was commenting about it saying wow have you been doing slimming World. The truth is no, j wasn't. I hadn't changed anything at all. I also suffer with health anxiety and was convinced I had cancer. I have had scans, x rays loads of blood work and nothing has ever shown up. That was 2 years ago and I have still kept this weight off despite eating the same. I'm sure if she was ill she would have other symptoms, like I had a lot of stomach issues, that's why I was extremely worried. I'm sure she is OK xx

• Posted

I also have just noticed her age, this is why she will be losing weight, hormones etc. Perfectly normal. This is common. X

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply i appreciate it as a prevaution i think im gonna have an endicrinolgist look at her

thx again ❤

• Posted

did the doctor seem concerned? Did he or she offer any suggestions or follow up? If not, and you’re still concerned I would get a aNother opinion. It could be nothing at all but for your peace of mind. that’s the only way you will get some answers.

Be persistent. please don’t think horrible diseases. she would most likely not be feeling good if it was something like that . I know it’s difficult, but rule out the most common reasons for this first. It’s most likely that it’s something like that.

we are here for you.....take care!

• Posted

thx u !!! ❤❤❤

dr wasnt concerned too much and no other symptoms

thx again i appreciate it so much

• Posted

If it makes you feel better then get a second opinion, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about and you don't want to rub your issues onto her. The reason I am like I am is through my mother being exactly the same. She's a hormonal teenager this is normal. Lots of children carry weight and get to a certain age and then lose it x

• Posted

this is normal. first of all its normal to have an irregulr period for the first year of getting your period. and the weight loss thing is normal too. when i was about 13ish i had lost about 30 lbs without trying a couple of my friends lost a lot of weight too. i think its just norma for that age around puberty and also hanging out with friends more and possibly not eating as much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.