Need the doctor to listen

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

I've been suffering with what I believe to be peri menopause symptoms since January

Massive period changes, length, duration, flow and over the last 9 months I've had everything from mood swings, aches and pains in back, ribs and joints, to hair loss, greasy spotty skin to my psoriasis clearing up.

I've spoken to 2 practice nurses and 2 doctors and they just keep offering me the coil for my period problems and anti depressants for moods. I had my FSH checked back in February but it came back at 6 which is normal however my periods are now getting closer together apart from this month when I've gone 30 days !??! I am going to speak to the doctor tomorrow as I want my FSH checking again and my ribs and joints as quite sore .I really just want advice on into get them to listen and understand that ALL of my problems started at once and therefore must be connected. What do I do? ? Sheena xxx

1 like, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hum we are all the same the GPS are just not listening xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It certainly seems like that

I'm sitting in the beautiful garden of my gorgeous new house in tears ,haven't got a clue why, nothing upsetting me and I'm not angry or anything but have burst into tears 3 times since being in from work .

Just don't see the point of going back other than to get bloods redone to see if any change in FSH as gp hare's listened to me so far. X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sheena, I know how you feel....Every doctor that I went to told me that I was in depression tried giving me anti deppressants. I did not take them. Finally the 4th doctor that I went to did not even look at my blood test and she said that I was in perimenopause just by my symptoms and age alone. My periods are irregular, mood swings, feeling like I am going crazy and all of the other fun stuff that comes with this. No hot flashes though. You know your body so you are more than likely in perimenopause. You are very normal believe it or not and it will get better! Keep reading these post. They help! I will be praying for you. Take care!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks

I know there are many of us going thru this crazy whirlwind and that helps a lot and to ad honest I'd have Dr Google'd myself to death on more than one occasion if it wasn't for the lovely ladies on here

I don't suffer from hot sweats I've just gone from being a cold ass to being generally warm/hot all the time

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, Sheena,

If it's any comfort, you're not alone.  There's a book by a man named John Lee about menopause that you might want to read.  It's a good one and will help you more understand what you're going through--and offer real suggestions to help you get through it.

Best of luck! xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sheena,

?Im 51, nearly 52 i have had symptoms really since 47, although previous blood tests didnt show anything up, even though i knew something was happening.  Its notoriously hard to nail peri-meno as hormones are fluctuating so much.  I as pretty much all the women on here have had the same experience with dr's.  Their eyes pretty much glaze over.  I finally was told last year in April that i was peri-menopausal, which was a relief as i did feel like i was going mad! - i had really bad anxiety and had a panic attack 3 years ago no (all part of it).  I wish this was more explained about what you can go through!!!  When i went teary to my GP they said nothing about meno.  My sister 14 months younger than me had depressive symptoms and at 49 on visiting her GP not once was it mentioned that she might be feeling these symptoms because she might be peri-menopausal.  I told her to get her blood checked and hey presto she was.  She was put on strong anti-depresents with the diagnosis of severely depressed!  They dont seem to want to link up that she is probably depressed because of meno and deal with it another way instead GPs are to ready to chuck anti-depressents at us.  I now stay away from GP, i really can 't be arsed anymore.  I can find out more about it myself and of course i can come on here, which has been a godsend.  So supportive it has helped me massively, lots of useful, helpful info.  I have experimented with things, i have found that drinking soya milk (natural photoestrogen) i think, take magnesium and agnus castas.  Seems to work.  My periods have gone haywire, now am back to every 28 days, although this month something weird is happening again as feel like one is in the post after 2 weeks from the last.  I try to put a commical spin on it.  Im not sure if its the same for everyone but a week or so before my period i cannot eat enough sugar - what is that all about usually at night.  So there i am at 3am eating a whole packet of jaffa cakes.  I will be so glad when my periods sod off.  There are so many symptoms you can have.  Mine started as anxeity - health anxiety mainly, i walked around for a whole month thinking i had cjd, after reading a report on it.  I have to have a word with myself constantly, i must come accross as mad to my family!!!  Now i have cramping and the bloat.  Lovely xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm constantly having a word with myself haha

There's just some doctors who don't want to listen it's like a flipping conveyor belt in the gp surgery. It's kind of sad really. One of my doctors was female and she was as much use as a chocolate fireguard haha

I too will be over the moon once the monthly disappear it's like mother nature decided puberty, pregnancy and childbirth wasn't enough !!

Anyway I hope yours disappear soon

Hugs x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sheena

Are you taking any vitamin supplements? I had some back peri symptoms and started taking different supplements which helped a lot! My periods are dying down after having heavy flows for years causing a low iron level. The vitamins have helped but that's just my experience. Hope things get better! Take Care!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm not, do you have any advice? ?

I'm going to look closely at my diet next week and up the fruit veg and water the problem is I'm craving Smee stuff not pm much when I'm at work but once I'm home it's scary I'm not a big chocolate fan but at the minute I'm a pig haha

My periods have gone from 28 days with one heavy day to anywhere between 21 and 26 with really heavy flow even during the night which I've never had and this month I've gone 30 days and have never been late other than when pregnant it's all so crappy and unpredictable and I'm a little sick thinking this could on for who knows how long... .X

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sheena....most gps are a waste of time. You know your body and know when its out of whack.

You just need validation this is all normal....and it is....just read the comments on here....we can't ALL be depressed with same symptoms at the same age (rolling eyes) lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Janice it's certainly out of whack. The gp did do ultrasound, stomach and pelvis examination an internal a breast and underarm exam and bloods which were all normal but I think you're right I just want someone to say hey it's normally can we do to help and here's what you can do yourself. X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up