Need to find the truth

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been in a relationship for 2yrs and the whole time he's said he was a landlord and has many apartments. He never gets calls or has any contact with tenants. He leaves for up to 1 hrs everyday to go to the bank. I have looked at listing for property owners in town yet have not found him on any lists. He also says he has a large inheritance from his mother passing. He was adopted at 2 and says his brother is keeping it tied up in court so he can't touch it. How do find out the truth? I know he's keeping things from me but I don't understand why

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And I can think of several reasons why he would come home every day with a wad of cash.

Have you seen any of the properties he sells as timeshares? And please bear in mind that large sums of money (such as for purchasing property) are dealt with by bank transfer, not CASH.

Think. Think - what people earn lots of cash every day?

Have you met the brother who's tying up the money?

Ask a lawyer if it is possible for a brother to tie up another one's inheritance via the justice system.

• Posted

Tessa I worked with him. His checks are deposited into my account I know what he sells and all about the company I never questioned any of that. Thank you for the advice believe me I know timeshare salesmen are sneaky. My thought is he and his ex have something together and he's afraid I will leave if the truth comes out. I know how I sound. I have been through alot and I was praying he was it and still am. My ex fiance passed 5yrs ago and I'm finally able to breath again I'm just very confused and lost right now

• Posted

you worked with him?  You are concerned he is working with his ex?

Ask him.

Is horrible to have anyone pass away....blessings.

• Posted

Oh Lord.

WHY are HIS cheques paid into YOUR account??????

• Posted

So why won't you tell us the reasons he hides his financial information from you - if you already know what those reasons are?

I understand that you want to know why he keeps things from you.

But the fact that he DOES keep things from you is extremely worrying.

• Posted

Sorry about all those forward slashes. My cat sat on the laptop while I was upstairs resetting the fire alarm.
    • Posted

He owes alot in taxes. He can't keep an account they freeze them.

• Posted

This will be my last comment, Tia.

You already knew there was something dodgy going on when you wrote the post.

You already had a background check done on him.

You are breaking the law by allowing cheques payable to him to go into your bank account.

You already know he's in trouble for tax avoidance.

The phones are in your name? Let me guess - the utilities are, too, aren't they?

Who pays the rent/mortgage?

You have lost somebody you loved and wanted to marry - I think you probably want a new man - don't we all, when a relationship ends, in whatever way, but especially when death takes your loved one. I am so very sorry about all this.

Please, please leave him. Because he's headed for prison and so are you if you knowingly aid a tax avoider to continue to avoid tax.

You deserve much, much better than that, honey.

My love to you, Tia.        Sorry about the cat message.   Love Tess xxxxxx

• Posted

Utilities are in his. He pays rent. I got the phones his was a gift but he pays the bill. Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it! I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to run but I'm scared. Guess I have alot of thinking to do. BTW they take taxes out of his check.

• Posted

Just one last thing - why, if he owns so much property and is himself a landlord, is he paying rent?

That really doesn't make sense.

• Posted

Have you ever tried sleeping with a cat lying comfortably on you, your husband snoring and worrying about some eye symptoms that have just manifested themselves?

I'm going to the optician tomorrow, but he told me that if I started to see flashing lights, to go immediately to the eye hospital.

So I shut down the computer and immediately the flashing lights started.

Got into bed, within two minutes had one cat on my feet and another stretched luxuriously on my chest. Tried to read a book. Gave up.

• Posted

OMG..that S*X...

let me know by PM how your appointment goes.

• Posted

Why are you in a relationship like this? Have you stopped to even think about that? What are you doing? You have these questions like the answers the answer to something bigger and better..they arent. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.