need to know if my symtoms fit anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 32. I'm a welder and work Mon -Thursday I have 4 kids. I've pretty much always played sports growing up and stay pretty active. But bout 2 months ago i woke up (was hungover) but just started not feeling right. And symptoms were like about to die heart racing. Like I was panicking. I couldn't sleep from waking up panicking. Long story short been to er few times. To hospital a Lot. Vitals were normal ecg good. Waiting now to hear on heart center. I did cat scan. Nuclear stress test an took many picture of heart. But haven't heard on them test yet. But symptoms are dizziness nausea burning feeling in stomach. Chest pains (different spots) back pains sometime. And sometimes I feel like I'm bout to die. I get short breath. Heart beating hard. Mostly happens after work when relaxed. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Also I've never had a panick attack or felt like this ever before. And if I was stressed out I sure didn't think i was. But if it's anxiety I wouldn't know bc never had anything like this before
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

. People with anxiety attacks are well aware they get them and they usually begin earlier in life then thirtees. Hoprfully it was some kind of muscle thing and nothing serious. Im sure  your job stresses certain muscles. I hope all is well and it turns out to be something simple and easily correctable. Feel better. It sounds like you had many very reliable tests to help figure this out.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lisa, anxiety can start at any age. Many cases are due to a specific life trauma occurrence. Mine started at 47 after a lengthy health issue. No sign of it before that. What I suspect happened here to Lee was he dehydrated due to too much alcohol. When dehydrated, blood volume is down and the heart pumps harder to get the blood around. I suspect Lee felt those and it scared him to death, creating that "traumatic life experience" and anxiety hit from there. I live with the hard heartbeat and it is unnerving. Lee, just drink lots of water, keep sodium low. OTC potassium with calcium also helps the heart pounding issue.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

All the symptoms sound like a panic attack, and like you all say, they can start at any time in life.  I was born with panic disorder, and it just got worse all through school.  I finally saw a doctor and was treated for it.  I'm not a doctor, but I would say that it will come back that your heart and everything else is fine....Keep the faith...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi lee I had the same symptoms as you have but make sure you do all your check up mine one is anxiety I had these symptoms last few months ago now knock wood it disappear but when I get stress the symptoms come back the docs put me on sertraline 50 to 100mg for four months then I stopped it I m also sports man and got two kids keep your self busy eat healthy don't think negative and to be honest don't check websites for sy,ptoms. Cheers
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up