Need to talk

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

ive been taking citalopram 20mg for 7 weeks and the first two weeks were hell. I had to have diazepam to help me through it as my anxiety went through the roof. I then started to pick up for about 5 and half weeks but then I had a panic attack one night when I couldn’t sleep. I felt like I was back to the beginning. After two days of increased anxiety I couldn’t bare it anymore and I decided I didn’t want to live I just couldn’t find the strength to keep going. I feel like I’ve let my family down and angry with myself that I couldn’t get a grip. I called the emergency services who took me to hospital. I feel like I couldn’t have gone any lower. After a day in hospital I’ve been sent home but I’m not allowed to be alone and understandedbly the doctors have taken all medication away from me except for my 20mg of citalopram. I’m so scared that I won’t ever get better. I so desperately want to fight this but I’m exhausted with the constant panic since the panic attack I had last week. I just wish my citalopram would help me it’s my only hope right now.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You need to get a hold of your self and don't have a panic attack from loosing one night sleep... Because of you loosing one night sleep and going to the hospital you have lost your emergency Medications..celexa will help but it's not a miracle pill is only a tool..I my self felt the same way as you with the exception of been suicidal..and I never thought the celexa will help but it did ..took me 8months..7weeks for me where dreadful ..I started feeling some benefits at 4months.. recovered at 8months..and iam still improving after two years. Praying for you..

• Posted

Did the hospital at least give somebody in your family antianxiety medications ..for you..you know if you don't sleep for one night is ok..in the beginning of this dreadful Illness i didn't sleep for 3days..it was awful but I knew it was anxiety related so I push me self.. praying for you

• Posted

They’ve said that it’s an absolute no to any more diazepam but they will allow someone to be responsible for me to have 7.5mg of zoplicone at bed time but I can’t have any more of it after a week. I just want the citalopram to work for me again like it did last year before I stopped taking it.
    • Posted

No but I’m considering it. The crisis team that we have in place were the ones who said that I neeeded help with sleeping as if I can get more than two hours sleep then I’ll be  in a better frame of mind to deal with the anxiety. So they’ve done me those for now.
    • Posted

Ok so I see the reason for them been so strick with medications.is the general practitioner..not a phychiatrist..once you get the phychiatrist you won't have that problem..same thing again happened to me in the USA..the gp refused to give me anything longer than 7days..once I got my private phychiatrist everything was sunshine..

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the tough time you are going through Gemma, when you had the panic attack, maybe you should of had another diazepam, or cut down your cut to 10mg till the anxiety eased a bit, It’s a very tricky situation to give advice on, but I personally have tried this method & It done the trick, I hope other people on the group, also have some comforting words/ideas for you. Main thing Is your not alone.x

• Posted

I’ll try and tell myself that I’m not alone, I’ve switched the citalopram to mornings as I was agitated at after taking it.
    • Posted

Listen. To Mike gemma. Because I had the same drama with side effects on twenty..and as soon I decrease to ten my yuckyness disappeared . remember that second time around usually takes longer to work....
    • Posted

That’s what I’m hoping it is and that eventually even if it take months, one day I can be the person that I used to be again.
  • Posted

See Gemma, your not alone,  I hope you start feeling better over the next couple of days, but hey, stay In touch with the group & let us know how your getting on!

• Posted

Hi Gemma, I used to take Celexa form last year. I take 20mg for 8 weeks. The first day I have a lot of anxiety. When I read a lot people comment about side effects of Celexa it horrible but after 2 weeks the side effects is gone like they told you. After that it really calms down a lot. After 8 weeks everything is cool but my problem is I can’t fall sleep that all. Even now I still can’t fall sleep on my won. I’m taking axanx and ambien for helping to fall sleep but it doesn’t work. Just hanging in there it will come. Don’t give up and don’t think all the med can fix us. I’m thinking like you too. Now I know that no any medicine can fix me nether. I only hope is in God hand. I will pray for you and everyone out there who this problem. 🙏

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up