need to talk about A.F.

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi im new in the group im 48 just,i found out that i was born with a heart condition called A.L.C.A.P.A. (Anomalous Left Coronary Artery From the Pulmonary Artery) I had major heart surgery in jan 2013 i was told i could of died.

I now have AF IM FINDING IT HARD to deal with as im frightened that i may die. im on a new drug like warferin and many other drugs can any body give me some advice.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<3

>

>

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello babybrowns,first please relax, i know thats not easy to do when you first find out that you have AFIB.but please remember that AFIB is NOT life threatening and you will learn to live with it.I like you worried that i might die at first and to be honest i stayed away from work and from even going outside.it really took over my life until i joined this forum,As for your medication you will just have to try the drugs until you find the one that helps you the best.also remember going for walks and doing what you used to do before this is almost better than the drugs.By no means is it easy but try sitting down and talking yourself through the attack,tell yourself its only another attack and it will pass i found that when i stood up to the Afib my attacks didnt seem so bad, i wish you all the best with your Afib journey and remember your not alone.God bless
    • Posted

thankyou derrick i just worry that it also may have to do with my A.L.C.A.P.A. after knowing that i could of passed away .... scares you very much.

thanks.

• Posted

Hello baby browns first things is your not going to die ! I know it's scary take me last night all day my heart was like a jumping bean come the night time I had 5-10 episodes of afib so had earlyish night put some relaxing sounds on and fell asleep and woke up next morning completely fine and been great all day key is make sure you get lots of sleep, drink lots of water and DON'T worries as afib feeds of stress I know it's easy to say but keep carm, smile good luck xx
  • Posted

HELLO.   I find sitting at my comp and playing a strategy game(no excitement) takes my attention away from the rattle of my heart. If it continues after half an hour I crush half an Amioderone and wash that down, seems to work. Derrick, Steven, you didnt say what drugs you were using ? I am not on Warfarin as I chose cider vinegar . .  
    • Posted

I am on 10mg of bisoprolol and 50mg of flecainide twice a day no blood Thiner
    • Posted

Cider vinegar??? What works for me, most of the time, if I get the afib, is to either make myself cough, or better still, to pinch my nostrils and blow hard. It usually stops it in seconds.

• Posted

hi jay im on :-

20mg rivaroxaban thats the new drug for af

50mg metformin

20mg simvastatin

150mg venlalic

10mg bosoprolol

1.25mg ramipril

was on amioderone but they took me of that.xx

• Posted

Babybrowns like you im quite new to af its not a nice thing to have in my opinion i hate it the meds will work im on one now called slozem its given me my working life back for now im hopei g to have a ablation in 52,was on a evil one called bisopradol that made me feel like i would rather have been dead now off it for nearly 2 weeks and the difference is brilliant do not stress about your condition or dying i did that last year while i was off work wife was working only me in house af came on iwent into panic mode ended up paraMedic at my house me totally out of it wife came he told me to calm down relax my breathing and the same advice for future episodes of af so when they come on i just sit down relax my breathing and chill until it passes down side o have not learnt how to stop feeling pants after a attack but try not to panic relax and let the meds do the work for you.i was born with a hole in the heart never stopped me enjoying life this af does so chill out and enjoy a long life stressing out will only shorten it i speak from experience enjoy and good luck
  • Posted

Would definitely take Warfarin or other blood thinner as there is a tendency for blood to clot during an AFib episode. 
    • Posted

i was on warfarin but igot a massive hemetoma and my levels were up and down i also felt very ill.
  • Posted

hello babybrowns

i know what you mean when  you say you get frightened i said that to my consultant and said when im in AF i think i might die  he said you wont die  from it but we have to go on blood thinners to reduce the risk of strokes and as i used to nurse people who had strokes that is what really  put the fear in me

sorry that after what you been through with your heart already you should end up with AF after being on warfairn and beta blockers im a lot better but still get AF  which comes without any warning  im to scared to have an ablation which the doc has offered me  if you are worried about any thing and cant get to your doc talk about it on here as i find there is always someone who  can help wish you all the best cry

• Posted

what is ablation pauline?

my af always gets realy bad as soon as i stand up. i only have to move from seetee to loo and that starts it off is that normal.

my loo is downstairs about 16ft away.

• Posted

hi everybody thankyou so much for your replys ive had a bad day today finding it very hard to rest,cry

i hoovered up and was so tired after that and my heart was beating so crazy i keep getting well bad headaches and feeling sick.

20mg rivaroxaban thats the new drug for af

50mg metformin

20mg simvastatin

150mg venlalic

10mg bosoprolol

1.25mg ramipril

was on amioderone but they took me of that.xxd headaches and sick feeling. 

125mg digoxin

• Posted

Looking at your meds lists kid just get on your backside and chill theesen out you will only knock yourself up for no good reason thats alot of meds so do yourself a favour get someone else to do your housework when you are well and sorted out then you can do it again
    • Posted

wish  i could but not always that easy,,,, my partner and daughters do help but ive always been a up and down person doing things, now with af and the shear tiredness i get so not used to it. been haaving af for the last 2 hours.
    • Posted

I can agree with that comment it is hard to just sit there but no point in knocking yourself out i thought i could fight af at first but it licks me everytime id never heard of it upto last augusf to be honest i wish i never had my new meds seem to suit me best of all still pushing for the ablation but will have to see keep well and remember you dont have to do anything for af to come on ive had one in my sleep and physically could not get out of bed it may not be a killer but it does make you feel like death at times good luck and try and chill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.