Need to talk...having an attack!! Please!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, I have been actually doing really well with my horrible anxiety that is very very scary and physical for me. I've been on Citalopram (Celexa) for almost 5 weeks and its been helping a lot! They also have me on 10mg 2x daily of Propanolol and .5 Aitivan for attacks, but I only take half and mainly to sleep at night. Well...lastnight I did get woken up a few times by some people with stressful situations, so I'm not sure if its the calprit or not, but, I felt fine for hours this morning, just a little tired....but I am a smoker, and I did realize I was smoking WAY too much this morning. By the way, I've been completely thoroughly medically checked out, heart, lungs, head, bloodworks etc etc....

About a half an hour ago I decided to lay down and try to take a nap...and that's when it started!!! I got a slight sharp quick pain in the left chest, tried to ignore it, then it would lightly come and go, then felt like I wasn't getting enough air, on and off pains in areas of my arms, then got the lump in my throat. I gave in and took a half and Ativan and hoping that will help but, I need someone to talk to and keep me occupied. Because as I sit here alone, I notice it more which in turn makes it more scary and intense by thinking about it. Every symptoms coming and going so I'm glad they're not all together....but I hate this!!! Oh yea, I also got that full cloudy feeling in my ears and some tingly finger tips...ugh!!!

PLEASE write back someone!!! You guys are my rock here! smile

0 likes, 31 replies

Report / Delete

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's anxiety truly it is,something's set it off ,it happens like this,then lot harder to drop down when it's up high .its.a horrible feeling but it's just your anxiety to last nights sit that's lead it to how you are now we've all had it and others will say the same I promise x .

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank Marlene, I know it's the anxiety, it's just sooo hard to get the scary thoughts outta my mind!! Thank you soo much for the reassurance I really appreciate it....it just helps me during this talking to and knowing others go through the same thing, and it is just anxiety!! That reassurance can really help
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

just take some deep breaths in for 4 hold for 7 out for 8.

can you put the telly on some music or try and go for a walk if only round the garden if you can.You will be fine I know what they are like but it will pass just try and distract yourself for a while I know not easy .I am here for a while f you want to post back.

GoodLuck

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's just what I've been trying to do Joan, destructing myself, and it is so hard!! I think I am gonna go for a walk. It helps talking to others going through it because it is truly scary! It has eased up some...right now it's just a little in the arms, shoulders and neck...just the constant feeling in my chest that there's a burp in there ya know??
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hope you get for your walk,I have not even done that today so brownie points if you do that.Let us know how it goes,coming on here you know you are not alone ,always some body on here will answer you.

take care

Joan

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did go for my walk Joan thank you. It's subsided for the most part, just here and there a little bit at this point. Thank you so much for being there for me today! smile it means a lot
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

We'll done for going for a walk,hopefully it has calmed  down a bit .I know how they are not nice but as I  said you are not alone on here.

Joan

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Joan!

thank you so much for the support and checking in!! It feels great to have a friend to talk to going through the same things!! smile it did get better and today has been good so far, except like you I'm just laying here with my iPhone lol. It is such a beautiful day here too so I might see if my hubby wants to go for a walk around the lake or something. How is your day going?

Lots of love,

Stacy

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi i bloody hate anxirty and panic attacks and what it does to us, from experience my attacks reach a peak and then start to subside, lets hope yours is too, and agrre with joan, distraction really helps me, i hope its easing for you now xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Leslie, please kerp in touch! smile Yea, I'm feeling a bit better now, only here and there now. I hate it too!! It can control your thoughts, cause physical pain/symptoms and can control your day(s) and life at times. What you do, where you go and who you talk to. It's truly crazy what your own body and mind can do to and make you feel, especially when your not really in danger but feel as though you are....it's so annoying and frustrating!! 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lesley,

how are you today I have been up washed and crept back to bed with paper and I.Pad cannot get going in the morning.

Lovely day here should be out enjoying it but no don't like going out.

where abouts are you in the U.K I am in Essex.

Joan

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi joan, im not too bad today thankyou, had to drive about for an hour after my husband went to work, but im feeling calmer now, mornings are my absolute worst time.  im at the opposite end of the country to you, im in cumbria, its a shame really, we can still support each other though.  i love this forum it really helps me xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lesley!!

So far today is better than yesterday, so I'm putting that in the plus column!! smile How are you today? I was just telling Joan, I am do glad and greatful that I have you two and continue to talk with you both! Thank you sooo much, both of you.

Stacy

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Joan and Lesley,

My worst times are usually morning, bedtime and seems at times when I'm alone. Unfortunately for me, I'm all the way in the US. But, am do very thankful to find the site/forum and you two! 

Staying positive today, well trying lol,

Stacy

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi stacy

its so nice to help each other and have people to talk to who really understand.  My days getting better thank you, im never good on a morning.  keep in touch xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think that we all support each other on here that's what it's all about to know you are not alone.No need for the thanks any time I am on will answer you same as Lesley will I am sure.

Joan

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lesley and Joan,

Your so right Joan! That is what it's all about!! And Lesley, knowing your not alone really helps more than you'd think!! 

I think it personally helps me reading others posts and what they're going through and being able to help and support them. Saying "hey I go through that too!" Makes me feel good to reassure and help them while also reassuring me it's not just me, ya know what I mean?! 

Stacy

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

We do I think when you suffer you understand others and as you say if you think you have helped somebody along the way  it helps yourself somehow.

Joan

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi stacy yes i do know what you mean, sometimes it can be very lonely especially when your in the house  on your own , i too find it comfotating to know you have people you can talk to who take the time to bother about what each other is going through.  I wish i had found this site years ago, its the one bit of good advice my gp has given me. xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up