Need your help. Severe stomach reactions. Gerd

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Please help. Im running out of options. Hope somone has the time to hear my story. As of 18 years of age i started dealing with a self inflicted eating disorder. I was weight conscience and i used to eat and force myself to bring up my food. Always guilty of what i ate. As the months went buy i lost the weight i wanted but my disorder got worst. The food started coming up on its own. Thats 10 years ago. From them to now i suffered more and more. Severe Heart burn. Indegestion. The food literally sits on my chest and doesnt digest. Ive seen multiple GI doctors. Gotten endoscopys and all ive gotten in return is i the prescription of nexium. Ive been useing that for couple years and no change. It helps the heartburn but once i stop useing it it comes back twice as bad. Im soo desperate for help. For the past 3 to 4 years its cause severe palpatations with the amount of gas it builds up in my stomach. To the point it sends me to the hospital for panic attacks thinking im havin a heart attack. The only other drug i was prescribed recently is reglan. But in soo worried about useing that. Please is theres anybody that can help

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You need to try and reduce your reflux symptoms by lifestyle modification:

1. Lose weight.

2. Do not overfill your stomach: eat little and often but eat slowly and in an upright position.

3. Avoid any exercise after food that will compress, tilt or shake your stomach. Walking is good a it hels movement from the stomach nto the duodenum.

4. Avoid tight clothing. It puts pressure on the stomach and squeezes the contents back up the oesophagus.

5. Leave at least 3 hours between your last meal and going to bed. Raise the head of your bed by 6 to 8 inches on blocks.

Reglan (metaclopromide) is an anti-emetic that may help peristalsis from stomach to duodnum.

Nexium (esomeprazole, a Proton Pump Inhibitor) will reduce acid to make the reflux less damaging. Do take these in strict accordance with the prescription. Same time each day half an hour or so before food. Minimum effective dose. If taking for a long period, have regular blood tests for essential minerals.

• Posted

What abt some sorta digestive enzyme bro? Or maybe try some spinach and kale steamed and just that with sea salt. Believe me i feel ya pain i gt reflux and gastritis..crap aint no joke!
  • Posted

Hi Lakhram

Do you have bulimia now?

Have you been candid with you physicians about your bulimia?

Has your eating disorder been treated?

kind regards

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up