Needing help asap

Posted , 6 users are following.

This evening I've been really debating on going to the ER.... the last few nights I've been having problems with reading and talking I feel like. Ibe been having random head pains all over, tension headaches, weird random feelings in my face... worried it's something else... should I go or stay home and chill... my anxiety Has been threw the roof and I've been stressed also... ugh I hate this..

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I know how u feel,I debate that almost everyday due to my anxiety!!!I'm actually in the er right now,cause I'm so worried about sumthing being wrong!!!If it makes u feel better,just go so u can feel a lil better!!!At some point though I know I need to stop going to the er for every little thing, but anxiety is a scary thing...even though the doctors keep telling me im healthy,I still get so worried!!Hopefully this visit will help me feel better!!I hope u feel better too!!good luck!!!
    • Posted

Actually visiting the ER is a safety behaviour, if there's nothing wrong with you it'll be detrimental to you as it'll become apart of your panic cycle. If you're healthy and the doctors say you're fine you need to cut it out as its only exacerbating your anxiety and it'll make you worse in the long run.
    • Posted

There's a book called 'the worry cure' check it out from the library
    • Posted

Did you happen to find out what was going on or if if was just your anxiety?
  • Posted

I have this same problem. I can assure you it is only your anxiety. Anxiety can make you have some very weird physical symptoms. Try to relax, it will pass. BUT if you want reassurance don't feel ashamed to go to the doctor. It's something we all do. Hope you feel better soon. smile
  • Posted

If these symptoms have happened before and you e spoken to a doctor about them and they're benign then that's fine, if it's suddenly come on and it's a new symptom, then phone your GP tomorrow or go to the walk in centre tomorrow.

If it's anxiety and you're not getting help for it then speak to your GP about getting some therapy.

Best of luck.

• Posted

HI --- wonder what you decided?  Are you in the UK?  Does sound like stress ----I hate all the waiting in most ERs.   I get your stress ---me too--lately---undergoing heart tests & is so scary.  Stress is so uncomfortable to say the least.  I have been in the ER many times over the many years.

Do what you feel you have to do to feel safe or call someone.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hey everyone. Didn't go to the ER tonigh . I got a hold of my dad and he made me feel better. I'm in a very stressful living situation, my job is a little stressful, and just a lot going. Thand you everyone who commented. It helped a lot... I want to still go though and I really think it'll make me feel so better but I don't want to waste my the doctors time when they can be dealing with someone who seriously needs it more than I do. I May just do it someday but tonight no.. the reading and speaking us something new with me but I get new things coming up alol the time. I have a friend who has a massive brain tumor and I feel like I'm over thinking that I have one because she does. She isn't going to die from it but it is one of my biggest fears and I think this where it's coming from. Plus everything else that's stressful in my life.. thanks for listening everyone and being there when I truly needed help and people to talk to...
  • Posted

For sanity...go to the ER.

no one can tell you it is just anxiety...talking and headaches are not things to be taken lightly.

• Posted

I'm in yhe ER right now waiting to get seen. Told I may have to get a CT of my head but that's about it so far..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.