Needing other people advise .

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on antidepressants for years as things in my life experiences have not been easy to handle - 3 years ago i was in a situation no fault own doing where we had to rent a place and i was poisened by Carbon Mononide and Kerosene . Have never really got over the experience and had to put my beloved dog to sleep so after leaving the property. I have struggled ever since with my emotions - i can off citalophan as they made me have headaches and tried some thing else for a while went back on them . 20 weeks ago i felt fatigured and generally ill -found out i had a hiatus hernia . i have been struggling ever since with my antidepressants -i have tried 5 different types the making me feel worse - back on Citalopram - 3 weeks now - i feel like i forget things , my head feel all over the place .hard to get a proper sleep . Any ideas i am feeling like there is not end to this problem and i want to start feeling myself again - Can anyone give me any advice please ..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you've been through the mill, hun!  It will get better, the bad stuff will end. 

I think you've probably confused your body with throwing so much at it in a relatively short time.  It's possible that you could be suffering from some withdrawal symptoms too. Anti depressants are not a quick fix.  There are a lot of side effects with all of them and you have to give them at least 6 weeks to start feeling any benefit. Feeling like your head is all over the place is quite often a withdrawal symptom.. This should hopefully ease up in a week or so.  My advice would be to stick with the cit and give it time.  At least another month and, fingers crossed, it will settle.  

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me -feel i am just on my own at the moment with no medical support - I am feeling terrible today - took the dog out and did not want to be out had to get back quickly -Feeling like i am going crazy - i really feel tired and not myself do not know how to get better  ,just sitting on my bed wondering if this feeling will ever go away now - along time ago there was good medical help around ,cannot seem to find any now .I just want to feel myself - and not this person i do not even recognize it is very scary .
    • Posted

Take each day a time, you will feel better, just may take a couple of weeks to settle. I find being distracted from damaging thoughts helpful.  Reading was really good for me. It's difficult on your own.  At least you have your dog!  I don't know what I'd do without mine! 

Keep plodding, you'll get there!  Xx

• Posted

Update  - Gone back on 10mg form 20mg at night after feeling terrible - Spoke  to my doctor who wanted me to increase the dosage - i did not feel i could cope uping it to 30mg . I am having headaches -pain in my chest- fuzzing head - problem with breathing but not a tight chest -a dry mouth i have to have ice lollies after drinking tea or squash .I have also found going out on my own make me anxious. I have now managed to get a appointment with the CPN Nurse . My worry is all the problems i am having -aches and pain etc  are not subsiding ..
    • Posted

I think it's good that you've got appointment with nurse.  Doesn't sound good that you're having these problems after this time.

Have you tried Prozac? It's not as vicious a drug. 

Doctors tend to keep you going on stuff, but it does seem a while.  I take it you've been on them about 8 weeks now?  It's possible that the side effects may still settle in time. Could you get referred to a psychiatrist? They have a better understanding of antidepressants and the side effects than a GP does. 

Ive been off them 9 weeks now and my mood is very low, but I've heard that you have to give it about 90 days. My physical symptoms are completely ok now. I'm finding getting PMT really bad.  So I'm hoping I pick up after this.  

Keep pestering the doctor and try to get a referral.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.