Needing some hope. 6 weeks 4 days

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.  Just me.   I’ve had a horrible couple days.  This is going to get better right??

Feeling defeated. I know; Time and patience.  

I’m just having a hard time. I feel like CRAP and am anxious all the time.   

Wish I could nap 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Mell your doing great, don’t give in now, you’ve come sooo far, as I’m sure you know that it still early days, but you will get there in the end, if you stop now then you’ve wasted 6 weeks, and for what? To start all over again with another med, and who knows you could feel the same on the next one as well... keep talking on here, we will all help you through each day as it comes.. good luk, keep us informed 🤗x

• Posted

HI Mell, sorry you're feeling crappy. Hold on hon, it will get better. It's a great med but damn slow to get into the system. I went through it all as did Dawn and so many others here. This site and the people on it helped me get through. I know it's hard but try and do stuff to occupy your mind a bit. Journaling, puzzles, go for a walk, knit. Whatever works for you. Keep talking to us here. You are never alone, we know exactly what you are going through. ????????

• Posted

I just want to feel myself again 

I’m shaky

I have headaches

I can barely eat

I have diarrhea 

Focusing on this does not help but I’m just panicked today about it.  Trying to ground myself.  I’m waiting to see my family dr now- he doesn’t see me for the meds just notes for work 

He said he would have switched me already but my psychiatrist is holding strong which I don’t want to backtrack the 6 weeks either.   But this is so difficult.  

I’m just about bursting into tears in the waiting room

Poor  dr is going to be like what heck when the tears come.   

I’m feeling so down and frustrated. Need to kick these feelings.  

Thank you for the encouragement.  I really need it today and appreciate it 

• Posted

"I have headaches

I can barely eat

I have diarrhea "

I've still got those but the anxiety and panic will soon lift Mell. Are you on 20mg? I upped to 40 at week 6 and noticed a real difference after 4 days.

• Posted

Mell I had all of those side effects and more. I know how scary and horrible feeling it is. Don't switch meds hon. For me I started feeling better around 8 weeks. It started in the evenings feeling calmer etc. I remember feeling like I was going out of my mind. I would never get better, this hurt too much. Well it did for me and it will for you. You are so much stronger than you think or feel right now. This depression and anxiety is not going to beat you. You are going to kick its ass. 💪   Breathe hon. Count 4 slow breaths in through the nose, hold for 6, then out for 8. You can do this and I want to be here to cheer for you when you do. 

You got us here for you.

Big hugs ????

• Posted

Come on mell you can do this chic.. your to far in to this med now to just give up.. Laurie is right, with it all, we are only human so we all can have good and bad days, so don’t think your aloan..

It was Laurie who I spoke to 6 days to being on Prozac and it was her that I listen to and carried on with Prozac when I through I couldn’t any longer...that was 8mth ago.. and I’m great now, even my doc said it was the best he had seen me for a long while ... ( thank you Laurie ) keep talking to us on here we will help you through this big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Mell,

I’m at the end of week 8, and finally seeming some improvement.  Hang in there.  Dawn is right, you’ve made it 6 weeks already.  

• Posted

We helped each other girlfriend. We made it to the other side and so will you Mel. Dawn, myself and a few others have stayed on here to help people and check in with each other. It's been a godsend. We got your back hon. 

I hope you had a good Christmas Dawn. 

• Posted

Hi Laurie ... yep I like you stay on here in the hope others will get through this too, as we all need that bit of help from each other to push on, and it was you that made me continue and get where I am today, thank you chic..

I had a good xmas thank you, quite but ok, I’m not well at the moment tho, think got the cold that’s going around, but never had it this bad b4, every muscle in my body hurts, and it seems to be creeping down my body lol, got up this morin with bad lower back ach, and sides hurting😏 but they say 10 days should be ok, so mines will be this weekend .. hope your good? And had a brill Xmas 🤗xx

• Posted

Hey Mell it will get better for sure. The bad days seem to last forever at the time but they will pass. I can't nap yet but I am on week 7 and had almost no anxiety today. Better days lie ahead. Every day you're day closer to winning!

• Posted

Hi, I am 6.5 weeks in now and still feeling rubbish in the morning. My head hurts by evening but I had my first full night sleep last night! I know that tonight might be different and the anxiety will be there in the morning but slowly I am seeing improvement. I won’t give up as I would have done all this for nothing. Stay strong hun and keep talking to us. We are either going through it or out the other side.
  • Posted

Hi Mell

Just want to add to add like everyone else and say dont give in.. no matter how you feel and I've been there too (just last week), all i can really say and this is based on my own experiance is to keep reminding yourself that it will pass, i know that seems impossible when your going through an actual attack etc but sometimes i feel like that i make it worse myself by over thinking and sometimes i have to just kick myself out of bed and before i know it it passes.  I'm around week 7-8 now and I've experienced it all..  but just like everyone else here i can confirm its getting better. I'm already having more good days than bad..  just know that this illness isn't going to kill you.. you can do this, you just need to beat the fear and once you do you will learn to just ride out the anxiety like I have now started doing.  Just keep yourself busy and make sure your eating etc.  It will get better!

• Posted

Hi g4r4th... well done in getting to where you are today, and every word you put down is just spot on how we feel and get through this crap, but once you do, it’s great, and even you will settle down to having every day a good one, I’m 8 months in to Prozac and feel good, no more side effects I can smile again... well done, and lovely to here from others who don’t give up big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hello Everyone, I am 6 weeks on 20mg. Last night and this morning is the worst ive been, bad stomach ache,chest pain,shaky,feeling anxious,cant concentrate. Any ideas when this will improve?  Struggling today.  
    • Posted

You will still have good days as well as bad, that’s how Prozac works, but the good days will be back for you... around 10/12 weeks when really starts to settle down more, but well done to you keep us all intouch 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.