Needing support today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Feeling low, sad and angry.  Sad my world seems to be going on without me.  Can't get up the energy to enjoy things like I use to.  Angry that this is happening.  Just increased to 75mg sertraline two nights ago.  Just need some reassurance that things hopefully will get better.

thks

Lynda

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Alll depends on how you define better. Are you are the lowest you can go ? Are you as sad as can ever be ? How abou that anger, are you so p*ssed off you could kick a rat in the face ? Seems like we all wish we could be better about life, and know what we could be. It is not easy at all. First we have to fine out what is making us low, sad and angry. If we take one at a time and work on that could be the other two will come up a notch. In your post you did not note what is making you low, want to try to define that  ?  
  • Posted

Hi Lynda, we are here to help in any way we can to support you in any way we can. 
    • Posted

Hi Bill

thank you for responding.  It makes me a little weepy to see how everyone responds.  Weepy in a good way. How kind.

not sure what I can do today to make myself feel better.  Maybe a walk.

lynda

• Posted

Hello Lynda

I'm sad to read how low you feel. Depression is an awful experience to go through and the thing that helps me is to try to understand the origin of the depression. Where does it originate? Has this been explored by your health team (GP etc...)?

I am not a health professional and I only offer my own experiences and research but I find understanding the whys, hows and therefores can be beneficial to helping you come out of depression. Yes, it is a dark tunnel but there is light at the end of it.

I wish you the very best

S

• Posted

Hi S

thanks for responding.  Hopefully the meds will kick in soon.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Lynda I feel so sorry for the way you are feeling at the moment but think of all the positive posts that you have read about the people that have come through this. what you are feeling at the moment will pass the same way that it did when you started these tablets. Make sure you try to eat even do if you dont feel like it and get out and get some fresh air again if you dont feel like it just force yourself to do it, I will be going back to my doctor next month and there is a chance I will be going up to 75mg the same as yourself so stick with it as I will need your advice then lady, Big Hug from your Irish mate.

• Posted

Hi Michael

thanks for your post. I know things will get better.  Am walking and eating more. Thanks.

i also have a Irish background.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda,  I truly hope you get the help you so deserve.  This world is a lonely place when you hit rock bottom. 

You think no one understands you, and if you even tried to explain, would they?  You feel like your the only one who's suffering.  There are lots of forums and help lines on this site who can offer advice and reasure you.  

Good Luck Lynda. Hugs.  

• Posted

We all get those feelings, and wonder why it is happening to us.  Alkl those things are usual with depression and it drains us. 

I do hope the increase in your Sertraline helps.  I can reassure you that yes things will improve.  I have had depression many years, but am a lot better than I used to be.  Ups and downs of course, but yes I really think you will feel better.  Don't know when, could take a time, but you will get there.  Unfortunately depression can go on for quite a time, so hang on in there and keep fighting.

• Posted

Anne

was just asking others (if they when going through this) found themselves withdrawing from friends.  Did you experience this?

lynda

• Posted

Hi lynda how are you feeling today? Hope your feeling much better.
    • Posted

Michael

thank you for your concern.  Not feeling terrific at the moment but hopefully that will improve as the day goes on.  How are you?

Lynda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.