Needing support today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Feeling low, sad and angry.  Sad my world seems to be going on without me.  Can't get up the energy to enjoy things like I use to.  Angry that this is happening.  Just increased to 75mg sertraline two nights ago.  Just need some reassurance that things hopefully will get better.

thks

Lynda

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lynda,

I hope that you feel better today, I feel for you as today I am having a similar day. I find that by speaking to others and providing them with support helps me control my daily issues.

• Posted

Hi David

Not sure how I am feeling today.  Mornings are hard for me.  Woke up this am with the word "changes" in my mind.  Not sure if that signifies anything. Just curious.  I do have a supportive family and good friends but I find myself withdrawing from my friends. I don't know what that is all about.  It concerns me.  Did you withdraw?

lynda

• Posted

Lynda,

Withdrawal is common, it is one of my symptoms that lets me know how bad my depression is. Like you I have 'supporting' family but mine don't truely understand what is in my mind. I don't know where you are but in my experience I distance because I find it harder to act normal (paranoia) and often like to be left alone because people often mean decisions and when I'm down decisions are not my strong point. Thinking about change can be good but it really depends on what change you have in mind. Deciding you will spend 10 minutes in meditation is good, deciding the world is better off without you is not good. Sorry for rambling

• Posted

I am always worse in the mornings but improve as the day goes on.  I believe this is normal with depression.  Whatever anti depressants I was on I always felt worse in the mornings. 

I am glad you have a supportive family as that really helps a lot.  It is normal to withdraw.  I did from friends and family.  It is common with depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.