Negative Thinking Causes Mental Anguish

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is what I believe to be true, with good reason... because it means

WE can solve our problems

And the way to recognise a negative thought is to be aware of our feelings,

if we aren't feeling good as a result of something we hear, feel, see,

or experience. It's how we deal with what has happened which causes

the negative thinking, which then leads to the mental anguish.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well of course, but the causes of peoples mindset is the hugley complex part and can't be so easily ringfenced. A gross simplification I'm afraid and quite offersice to the many people who suffer distress every day
    • Posted

Thanks for your response jmcg2014, not sure if you meant my post

could be deemed offensive....as I wasn't sure of your spelling.

However if you did mean offensive, your response justify's my point,

on the basis of how we interpret things which as a result causes the

anguish.

My intention as in all my replies or as in this discussion is

to verily try and help people, not to hinder.

Irwin.

• Posted

Yes it is the cause of my anguish. I didn't realize this till I divorced and had time alone. It was so easy to blame others for my anxiety ( although I'm sure their actions gave me great inspiration☺️)

while living alone made me feel a bit uncomfortable ....wasn't sure why but realized it was easier to hear my own thoughts. I wasn't comfortable with them in the least. One more negative than the next. I do want to say in defense of those with or without depression or anxiety, some were force feed such negativity in the formative years it became the normal.

so for me, when a ton of negative thoughts build up I will panic.

some of my thoughts are of dying and so forth. How I'm not a good person...

I swear I try and scare myself in anxiety.

so, yeah I get it and I'm glad that I can hear those negative thoughts and not get to anxious any more. Just a thought about thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.